My Draft Need Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have :

Before FA, but assuming Givens leaves this is how I'd use them. Of course this is totally invalid as what players are there is a big factor. But here goes.

QB : Brady's durable, Cassel has looked good, I move Cassel up to #2 and draft a QB with the #6 or #7 pick.

RB : We're stuck with what we have. I'd use a #5 on a RB for the future (as soon as 2007) and hope to get lucky.

WR : #1 pick, baby. I want another quickie like Branch to combine with our 2 TE offense.

TE : I use a #3 here. Fauria is a FA, Graham is a FA next year and both Graham and Watson have trouble staying healthy.

OL : I'll just take a developmental guy in the 4th round.

DL : I'm using the other #3 pick here. We need depth and upside if Seymour leaves.

DB : I'll take a CB in the 4th round and a Safety in the second round. I think Hobbs, Samuel, Gay will be OK. We can sign some depth and hope to actually stay healthy this year.

So I've drafted :

Round 1 : WR
Round 2 : S
Round 3 : DL, TE
Round 4 : CB, OL
Round 5 : RB
Round 6 : QB
Round 7 : whatever.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
We have :

Before FA, but assuming Givens leaves this is how I'd use them. Of course this is totally invalid as what players are there is a big factor. But here goes.

QB : Brady's durable, Cassel has looked good, I move Cassel up to #2 and draft a QB with the #6 or #7 pick.

RB : We're stuck with what we have. I'd use a #5 on a RB for the future (as soon as 2007) and hope to get lucky.

WR : #1 pick, baby. I want another quickie like Branch to combine with our 2 TE offense.

TE : I use a #3 here. Fauria is a FA, Graham is a FA next year and both Graham and Watson have trouble staying healthy.

OL : I'll just take a developmental guy in the 4th round.

DL : I'm using the other #3 pick here. We need depth and upside if Seymour leaves.

DB : I'll take a CB in the 4th round and a Safety in the second round. I think Hobbs, Samuel, Gay will be OK. We can sign some depth and hope to actually stay healthy this year.

So I've drafted :

Round 1 : WR
Round 2 : S
Round 3 : DL, TE
Round 4 : CB, OL
Round 5 : RB
Round 6 : QB
Round 7 : whatever.

I understand the need to draft a WR, but I don't think THIS draft class is the one to do so in the first round. The draft class isn't that strong there. Also, given the unusual skill-set the Patriots look for, we don't NEED to land a guy with an amazing 40-time or major size. We look for different strengths that happen to be less universally valued by other teams.

All of those issues considered, I think it's more likely - and more wise - that we look to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back