PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mustard truck crashes into Rams laundry room

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Another Thursday Night Football Dud in Week 3: Rams - 49ers

If you thought last week's Texans-Bengals game was bad, there is a good chance this one surpasses that epic flop.

They should really do one of these for every Thursday game.

Okay, if you want some serious previews, here you go:

How the Rams match up with the 49ers for Thursday's game

With journeyman Brian Hoyer as their starting quarterback, the 49ers appear to be aiming toward the 2018 draft and a chance to select a franchise quarterback. Hoyer, a 10th-year pro, completed 15 of 27 passes for 99 yards, with an interception, in Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks. The 49ers have yet to score a touchdown.....

The Rams routed the Indianapolis Colts and challenged the Redskins into the final minute. The 49ers have not found the end zone. Rams coach Sean McVay lost in the matchup against mentor Jay Gruden but he has more weapons than fellow first-year coach Kyle Shanahan. Rams 30, 49ers 16.​

Thursday Night Football Preview: Rams vs. 49ers

If you like a battle of running backs, this is the game for you (8:25 p.m. ET, NFLN).....

Gurley and Hyde enter tonight’s game fourth and fifth, respectively, in yards from scrimmage just two weeks into the season. Gurley is hurdling over defenders for a good balance of 128 rushing yards and 104 receiving yards, while Hyde has shown to be a greater threat on the ground (168 yards) than in the pass game (51 yards).

Both teams are in the bottom third in rush defense, so one could anticipate a big night for the backs as the league continues its running back resurgence. But the Rams now have Aaron Donald back for his second game after rounding into form late on Sunday and he could be a game-changer.​

Some perspective from Niner Land:

Ticket prices for 49ers game tonight are insanely low

The price of a ticket to Thursday’s 49ers game at Levi’s Stadium is a sobering lesson of supply and demand: You can still purchase a ticket to the nationally televised game for less than $20.

Yes, $17 to attend an NFL game in 2017.

Of course, you’d still have to pay more than twice that amount to park at the stadium. And you’d have to navigate rush-hour traffic on Highway 101 to get there for the 5:25 p.m. kickoff.​

49ers’ ticket prices matching the product

Those $14 resale tickets are in sections of the stadium originally priced at $85 a ticket, plus, a $2,000 Stadium Builders License, bringing the total cost to almost $200 a ticket. Now selling for $14.

I’ve heard plenty from the faithful upset about other things: club areas opened to non-club members seeking relief from the heat, meaning the amenity the club owners paid for is no longer as valuable because the space is overcrowded. Not having the same people in the neighboring seats, so no community vibe, the way there was at Candlestick Park.

Last year, 2,627 seat-license holders defaulted on their SBLs.

That’s the low end. But tickets are available all over the stadium for far less than their original value.

As you might suspect, this is irritating the “faithful” customers, who ponied up at the original price and now find themselves paying far above market value and unable to recoup their investment because of the glut of available tickets on the market.​

NFL: 49ers' Carlos Hyde hopes to end TD drought against Rams

Hyde has only 24 carries through two games, and with an average of 7 yards per carry, it’s fair to wonder why he hasn’t been fed more. His understudy, rookie Matt Breida, is not stealing carries, with just eight for 46 yards.

“In order to run the ball more, you don’t just call more runs,” coach Kyle Shanahan said. “You have to get first downs and stay on the field.”

The 49ers converted on only 2-of-12 third-down plays Sunday. That included a third-and-1 run Hyde got stopped for no gain, but there were other short-yardage plays that resulted in a pass.​

Rams’ Sean McVay vs. 49ers’ Kyle Shanahan: intriguing coaching matchup:

Shanahan and McVay don’t share the same record. The Rams (1-1) won their season opener over the Colts. The 49ers arrive with an 0-2 record. The 49ers have lost 19 of their past 22 games dating to December 2015 and have dropped a franchise-record eight straight at home.

The good news: The Rams are the reason the 49ers don’t see the Buccaneers’ NFL-record, 26-game losing streak on the horizon. During those past 22 games, the 49ers are 3-0 against the Rams and 0-19 against the rest of the NFL.

To keep that odd streak alive, the 49ers will need a better performance from quarterback Brian Hoyer. He ranks 31st in the NFL in passer rating (60.7) and 32nd in yards per attempt (4.7).​

The Rams are a 3-point road favorite, with a point total of 40. Gotta go with the under in this game.

Rams 17, Niners 13

They had no time to get the condiment washed out of their white uniforms for tonight's game. My eyes! My eyes! :eek:

1464032342-my-eyes.gif

Crappy thursday night game but i will watch it since the sox ain't playing.

There must be hundreds of people in the stands...... Still, it's a football game. Gonna watch it. Hope it's half way decent.

Twelve minutes until kickoff and the stadium appears to be about 90% empty.

Does this information factor in to Goodell's compensation debate?

For a second I thought this was a truck driven by ISIS loaded with mustard gas....

What kind of mustard? French's? Gouldens? Grey Poupon?

EDIT: I just turned the game on.....looks like French's.

For a second I thought this was a truck driven by ISIS loaded with mustard gas....

Anyone hurt?

What kind of mustard? French's? Gouldens? Grey Poupon?
French's -- the bright yellow kind they put on hotdogs. Yes, the game hasn't even started and hundreds in the stands are complaining of severe eyestrain. They're finding binoculars in trashcans all over the stadium.

I have been saying that the 49ers are one of those teams tanking for the QB. We will see. Both those guys are from California. Meaning darnold and rosen

Johnny Hekker might be the most exciting player we see tonight.

What a start the the game!

Poor Hoyer. I'd like to see him have some success, he's bounced around the league so much.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back