PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mularkey is OUT as Bills coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to news report, 80-year-old Marv Levy is set to offer the head coaching job to 21-year-old Josh McDaniels, who is currently New England Quarterback Tom Brady's baby sitter. :D

well

MM didn't really have a choice. The new direction of the bills staff is over 80 and MM doesn't qualify!

It's too bad, he's a good coach. My guess is he'll find another job within a few weeks.

First the Phins can Wanny, then the Chiefs save the Jets from more years of Herm, now Mularkey a guy who should never have been a head coach and whose veterans didn't respect him gets the gate.

I was hoping that clueless trio stuck around forever.

So which Patriots assistant will they go for? Its looking more and more like everyone in the AFC East will be from the BB coaching tree.

Still I can't help but think that any smart coach will know that the management/ownership uncertainties, as well as the cap and personnel problems at with both the Jets and the Bills make those less than desireable landing spots.... just the fact they have to play against BB & Saban 4 times a year alone makes it a tough division.

Better to stay with BB awhile longer and guarantee you'll be given more complete control of personnel issues when you eventually make the jump to a HC position...

In the meantime you happilly let your stock improve by having your name mentioned for HC positions - but in the end, you do the smart thing and stay here awhile longer

mikey said:

According to news report, 80-year-old Marv Levy is set to offer the head coaching job to 21-year-old Josh McDaniels, who is currently New England Quarterback Tom Brady's baby sitter. :D

Saw that one coming!

On a serious note..I think that now there is NO way EM isn't a HC next year.

JoeSixPat said:
So which Patriots assistant will they go for? Its looking more and more like everyone in the AFC East will be from the BB coaching tree.
Rumor has it that they're going to try to poach NEM from us.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

That would be interesting - they'd be the only team in the league who's coach wound up getting banned from the BillFans.com Message Board!

T-ShirtDynasty said:

OMG, I can't stop the giggling........ My family keeps giving me strange looks.........I think I pulled a rib muscle.........

shmessy said:
OMG, I can't stop the giggling........ My family keeps giving me strange looks.........I think I pulled a rib muscle.........
Yeah, you and JoeSixPat won't think it's so damn funny when they whoop our ass by coming out in the no-huddle with lots of slants and crossing routes. :eek:

Odlirama said:
I bet they go after Hasslet.

Why Hasslet??

The guy is a big-time loser.

He bashed the Commisioner who was trying to save the Saints franchise.

He accused the 70's Steelers of using steroid.

The guy is a loose cannon.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yeah, you and JoeSixPat won't think it's so damn funny when they whoop our ass by coming out in the no-huddle with lots of slants and crossing routes. :eek:

Stop it!!!!!! Stop it!!!!! I'm dyin'!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are going to see a guy who coached for Levy get the job.

Of course many of them have died of old age by now.

I dont remember who his assistants were in Buffalo. Maybe he will hire Ted Marchibroda from his job as player coach for the Shady Acres Shuffleboard Team and reinstall the KGun. The JPGun just doesnt sound right though.

Anyone remember any coaches from Levy's Buffalo staff that have progressed to where they could be a HC candidate?

By the way, Mularkey was an awful coach. He didnt deserve the job when he got it. His claim to fame was running a stagnant Pittsburgh offense, then having one above average season.
Ive never understood why coordinators who run weak units, becime hot commodities when they turn it to decent????????

JoeSixPat said:

Still I can't help but think that any smart coach will know that the management/ownership uncertainties, as well as the cap and personnel problems at with both the Jets and the Bills make those less than desireable landing spots.... just the fact they have to play against BB & Saban 4 times a year alone makes it a tough division.

Better to stay with BB awhile longer and guarantee you'll be given more complete control of personnel issues when you eventually make the jump to a HC position...

In the meantime you happilly let your stock improve by having your name mentioned for HC positions - but in the end, you do the smart thing and stay here awhile longer

I agree about staying with BB, but the Bills and Jets would be nuts if they did not hire branches from BB's tree...... Mangini to the Jets and Ferentz to the Bills.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Lets get a collection together and pay the Bills to hire NEM :D

DaBruinz said:
Lets get a collection together and pay the Bills to hire NEM :D

I WOULD pay for that, under one condition. NEM must continue to post here, and respond to all comments about his offense.

mikey said:
Why Hasslet??

The guy is a big-time loser.

He bashed the Commisioner who was trying to save the Saints franchise.

Save the Saints Franchise? By setting up a "HOME" game in the Meadowlands? Almost every Saints player was disgusted by that charade.

mikey said:
He accused the 70's Steelers of using steroid.
Umm. Is it really an accusation if it was true?

mikey said:
The guy is a loose cannon.

The guy is honest and isn't afraid to put the blame where it belongs.

shmessy said:
Stop it!!!!!! Stop it!!!!! I'm dyin'!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: Yup and he's gonna make Mike Martz his new OC :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back