Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/4/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 4, 2006 (2:30-4:30)

Initially, there were two practices scheduled for today but BB changed it to a single afternoon practice instead.. which was A-OK with me! (It was nice to be able to run, get a workout in, go to BJ's and clean my house!)

* Crowds were back to normal capacity, both in the bleachers and on the hill. The humidity was gone but the sun seemed hotter to me today and I was more uncomfortable.

* Guys were in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. No sign of Beisel, C. Brown, Mitchell, Hawkins and Chad Jackson in addition to the usual crew that I've been reporting on all along.

*Lots of ground game work down the other end.

*Catches of the Day: (a) Rasby, salvaging a bad Cassel pass and hauling it in with one hand. (b) Brady to Watson, who jumped up in the air and caught the ball, falling to his butt, covered tight by Willie Andrews (38) although... Andrews looked like a peanut next to him!

* Not a lot of other positives in today's offense (drops, overthrows) ... yikes! Off day, for sure..

*Brady is still wearing a knee brace.. and he and Dillon opted for the calf length sweats rather than the team shorts.

* Troy Brown still continues to look like one of the best things out there. The next best thing is Caldwell, followed by Watson.

*During drills, lots of fumble recovery work.. which continued with some simulated botched snaps at the line FG attempts.

*Gostkowski and Gramatica both hit all of their field goals, delighting the waiting kids on the hill and causing their teammates to cheer.

*Practice ended a little early but the boys ran quite a few windsprints again today... BB reminded them that it's tough but it's got to be done... (Toughening up!)

* Lots of signees today... WR and OL both signed (in addition to random players) so I'm not sure who was actually assigned. (Even Dante obliged when called over but the fans.)

(*MrsB/ Blue Bruschi Day... with SB 39 visor.)

Watch for the soundseeing tour as part of Podcast 75, coming this weekend! www.patriotworld.com

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/4

Thanks for the great info Mrs. B.

Mrs. B, thanks again. I read your reports faithfully. I'm still figuring out how to get you and yours a case of beer when you're up our way on your annual vacation :)

These are read faithfully,daily.

I think I'm seeing double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back