PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/2/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 2, 2006 (Afternoon Session 3:00-4:30)

Just got in from a hot one... and barely had enough time to get the clothes off the line before the Thunderstorm rolled in!

I thought for sure they would have canceled practice but instead did move it from 2:30 up to a 3:00 start time. Mea-culpa... Mrs. B forgot to put her contacts in again...

* There were only about 100 or so die-hards (read: crazy) fans like me there scattered on the hill and in the bleachers.

* Guys wore shorts, helmets and shells for the afternoon.

* The anticipated return of Richard Seymour has not taken place yet... Also, I didn't see Beisel or Asante out there for the second practice in a row. (The usual "regulars" who haven't been there were still absent.)

* Apparently, Stone's tightening up last night was a non-issue as he was out there today.

* It was an "on" session for on-again-off-again Brown and Light.

* Things were mellow today.... and I could have taken a nap there on the hill..hehehe!

* Did some full squad, situational and goal line work. Catch of the Day: Brady hit Rache Caldwell in the EZ under coverage by Vernell Brown. Brown came up big across the middle as well.

* Willie Andrews is a tiny, quick dude especially doing Kick Return duty.

* Back-up QB Todd Mortensen took some reps today with the second team hitting Rich Musinski but bouncing one off the hands of Kevin Faulk.

* At the end of practice, the entire squad did lots of windsprints... (even in the heat!)

* Those that dared to brave the heat were treated to some quality autograph time as just about everyone who was there went home with something. Running Backs and and Tight Ends were assigned to sign but many others including BILL BELICHICK signed for fans and exchanged a few words.

*Mrs. B said goodbye to Erdoboy Ed who enjoyed his first ever week of training camp experiences!

Podcast will be Show #73 www.patriotworld.com

Last edited:
Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/2

Karen:

You...complete...ME! :D

No, seriously- thanks for the great reports.

Thanks.

BB SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS???

Reche Caldwell...so far all I can do is :D

Last edited by a moderator:

You may be a crazy, diehard fan, but you're OUR crazy, diehard fan and we love you for it!

PL

...BB signed?

Hell has frozen over.

Probably showing his admiration for the fans who braved it out today.

Sounds like the storm really whipped things up down there. Here, we just got clipped but lost power for about 2 hours.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2006/08/its_raining_its.html

August 02, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring . . . and thundering, oh my!

A downright scary thunder and lightning storm is passing over Gillette Stadium as we speak.

In a scene eerily reminiscent of War of Worlds, barrels are strewn throughout the parking lot, portable toilets are knocked over, all of the goal posts on the practice field are now slanting to the left and one tent next to the field is completely demolished.

One bolt of lightning momentarily knocked out power, causing the scoreboard to light up like a Christmas tree when power was restored.

The rain was coming down so hard at one point, we couldn't see the football field which is right outside the press window.

We can hear all kinds of sirens, and there appear to be some lightning-strike fires off in the distance.

We're fully expecting to see Belichick bring the players back out on the field for more practice - you know, just in case such a storm ever breaks out on game day.

Posted by Carolyn Thornton at 6:16 PM

Last edited:

Thanks again! Can you give a little more detailed assessment on Mortensen's performance? Was it a bad throw that hit Faulk in the hands?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the report. Being out there today was beyond the call of duty. But, you never know if you'll have to be out in 100 degree temps and 73% dew points during the regulars season games.:D

Is Rodney out there in the fresh air or is he still inside? I know that he can't practice because he's on the fake PUP list. But, didn't know if he's out there "observing' on the stationary bike.

Maybe next week, when I make my trip down I can get BB to sign "it is what it is" or "day to day".:rocker:

Last edited:

bruschifan1 said:
August 2, 2006 (Afternoon Session 3:00-4:30)

Just got in from a hot one... and barely had enough time to get the clothes off the line before the Thunderstorm rolled in!

I thought for sure they would have canceled practice but instead did move it from 2:30 up to a 3:00 start time. Mea-culpa... Mrs. B forgot to put her contacts in again...

* There were only about 100 or so die-hards (read: crazy) fans like me there scattered on the hill and in the bleachers.

* Guys wore shorts, helmets and shells for the afternoon.

* The anticipated return of Richard Seymour has not taken place yet... Also, I didn't see Beisel or Asante out there for the second practice in a row. (The usual "regulars" who haven't been there were still absent.)

* Apparently, Stone's tightening up last night was a non-issue as he was out there today.

* It was an "on" session for on-again-off-again Brown and Light.

* Things were mellow today.... and I could have taken a nap there on the hill..hehehe!

* Did some full squad, situational and goal line work. Catch of the Day: Brady hit Rache Caldwell in the EZ under coverage by Vernell Brown. Brown came up big across the middle as well.

* Willie Andrews is a tiny, quick dude especially doing Kick Return duty.

* Back-up QB Todd Mortensen took some reps today with the second team hitting Rich Musinski but bouncing one off the hands of Kevin Faulk.

* At the end of practice, the entire squad did lots of windsprints... (even in the heat!)

* Those that dared to brave the heat were treated to some quality autograph time as just about everyone who was there went home with something. Running Backs and and Tight Ends were assigned to sign but many others including BILL BELICHICK signed for fans and exchanged a few words.

*Mrs. B said goodbye to Erdoboy Ed who enjoyed his first ever week of training camp experiences!

Podcast will be Show #73 www.patriotworld.com

Wow...Mrs. B, you are good!
Tedy will be back soon-same with Rodney
everyone in for a suprise this year- no team will score more than 21 points in a game against us....
mark my words beeeeeeatch's!

Honestly, if the players get a reserved parking space for excellent attendance in the offseason, I say Karen should get one for her unbelievable attendance record at TC.

Now we just have to start a fund for her laser eye surgery - - this "forgetting my contacts" shtick is getting old!

Last edited:

shmessy said:
Honestly, if the players get a reserved parking space for excellent attendance in the offseason, I say Karen should get one for her unbelievable attendance record at TC.

Now we just have to start a fund for her laser eye surgery - - this "forgetting my contacts" shtick is getting old!

i hear canada is cheaper!
.....for the surg.

i'm blind myself

Not to change the subject but I am glad to see you still posting Harrison37. My nephew is going to Irag October 2006 and I will need some moral support...big time.

And as you can tell by our names we are big time supporters of the same man.

I'll keep him in my thoughts for sure.

I may be headed back there in the not-too-distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes