PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/31/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
July 31, 2006 (Afternoon Session 2:30-4:30)

Hey kids... Sorry for the delay again but the MommyCab got called into service... Jake started football practice tonight so no sooner did I walk in the door from camp that I had to turn right around.... (We're not even going to talk about the foul mood I was in when I saw the mess that the kids left for me either... grrrrr!)

So, better late than never... This afternoon was a hot one for sure! Everyone who knows me knows that I love the HHH weather and it's a good thing because more is on the way... Heat, I can take.. it's the sore cheeks from spending all those hours on the hill that's starting to get to me!

Here's the tidbits for today:

* The boys were in shorts for the second session. Tom Brady missed his 3rd consecutive practice. Tedy wasn't there again this afternoon but Troy was. Matt Light was also on the field.

* New dude, WR Kelvin Kight is wearing #2.

* During drills, Wide Receivers looked "awfully cute" (hehehehe!) hopping and skipping after an initial burst of speed. Special Teamers worked in the left field downing punts and swatting them away to prevent them from going into the endzone. Maroney and Tebucky Jones caught my eye.

* Rache Caldwell best stay healthy as he's clearly the best that we've got (in camp) right now! He was the only light during a long stretch of incomplete passes to wideouts today by Cassel.

*Watson stood out, making some difficult grabs and protecting the ball well.

*Maroney caught an over the shoulder punt right at the goal line, dragged his feet and tossed it back where it was downed.. (sorry ...missed by whom!)

*There was a stretch where the DBs had quite a few diving blocks.. most notably Ellis Hobbs in the Endzone where he proceeded to celebrate quite vocally.

*There were some blown coverages however, as Troy literally stood in the Endzone and caught a pass near the goalpost with nobody even close to him. Watson also found himself alone along the sidelines.

*Wesley Britt (65) took another lap.

*There were quite a few sprints at the end of the practice but Wilfork, Caldwell and Samuel were on the side doing Core work with a trainer instead. Between all the doubles in a row and the conditioning running, it appears that this camp is very different than in the past...

*Waterboy's newest ditty: "Ice cold Gatorade... It's no Baloney.. It'll have you running... Like Laurence Maroney!"

*Hobbs and Sanders both ran extra after practice again.

*O-Line signed today... (and did this morning with WR, but it appears that this morning's was an extra as they all went directly to the handicapped section.) Josh Miller came over to sign a few after hearing "You promised!" from someone in the crowd.* Cory Bramlet signed quite a bit as well.

(Sorry that things aren't that precise.. I'm trying to find names on my recording but it's late and taking forever so this will have to do.)

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/31PM

Great report as usual. Keep up the good work.

Out of curiosity, has Childress been out there? Or has his play in TC been miserable?

DaBruinz said:
Great report as usual. Keep up the good work.

Out of curiosity, has Childress been out there? Or has his play in TC been miserable?

PUP.

Last edited:

Thanks a bunch, great report.

Here are a few players I am really looking forward to seeing in pre-season and reg. season:

Reche Caldwell - As Mrs. B said, hopefully he can stay healthy and it looks like this guy can be a great addition to our offense. Maybe he will prove he is not a "clueless baboon(I think thats what he said)" as Ron Borges said...he isnt.

Dillon & Maroney - Ahh what a RB combo, throw in Kevin Faulk for a few plays and you have the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. Heard Maroneys doing very well and Dillon is looking very good as well.

Asante Samuel - He started making plays again in the second half of last season and I just want to see him turn into an INT machine this year :D.

Ben Watson - I liked this guy last year, his TD's in Miami and ofcourse that TD catch and run against the Jags was electrifying. Hes the man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back