SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Chiefs
Sun
Dec 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Loss
Sunday night's loss in Houston was tough, leaving the Patriots with questions heading into this week's showdown against the Chiefs

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Movie: Parasite

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Brady_to_Moss, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,726
    Saw it 2 nights ago. I was blown away. Absolutely loved it. Turns that i had no clue were coming. The directing. How different it was.

Movie of the year for me

2. supafly

supafly Starting to see some ghosts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +23,609
    Is it subtitled? I’m probably going to check it out. My wife will be pushing for the Mr.Rodgers flick this weekend, but I’m just not feeling Tom Hanks in this role. All I see is Tom Hanks trying to act like Mr.Rodgers and I can’t get past that.

3. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +15,154
    Parasite?
    They actually made a movie about my brother-in-law?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8,678
    Saw it last night. Very good, definitely goes in directions you don’t expect.

@supafly it is subtitled but they are very clear. Heard good things about Mr. Rogers btw...Hanks apparently is a distant cousin of Rogers which is interesting

• Like Like x 1
  5. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,609
    I saw it last night. It was good, but I wasn’t as impressed as you guys were. It felt like a really cool concept with some execution issues. Didn’t mind the subtitling as much as I thought I would, but if I’m going to have to read my horror movies, “Goodnight Mommy” was much better. Just my opinion. It was entertaining.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,678
    Yeah, we might not be so far apart. I thought it was good, glad that I saw it, but I wasn’t overly invested in any of the characters. I felt like the subtext of class warfare was a little too prominent. But overall, it was a thumbs up for me. Haven’t seen goodnight mommy, but it’s probably next on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  7. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,609
    Not sure if you saw the same previews or not, but there were a couple that looked great. I’m going to be looking forward to both The Lodge and Antlers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,678
    They did have the one for the lodge, which I’d seen the trailer before and looks good. I just looked at antlers online and it also looks good. The other trailer they showed last night at parasite was for something called waves which isn’t a horror movie but also looks promising.

9. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,609
    The Lodge was done by the creators of Goodnight Mommy, so once they got their international recognition they were able to make something that would be seen by more of a widespread audience, and in English, not German.

Some other notable upcoming releases are The Irishman (next weekend), and the Gemstone movie with Adam Sandler that gets released on Xmas. Add the Richard Jewell movie to the list. Even Knives Out looks like it may be entertaining. My wife and I don’t drink all that often so we’re constantly doing the dinner + a movie thing on the weekends, especially once the summer is over. We were MoviePass members when it was too good to be true (unlimited movies for 10 bucks a month). I bet we end up going 3x a month.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  10. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,678
    I was late to MoviePass, but got in at the tail end when it was still that deal. I literally couldn’t believe it existed. I probably saw half a dozen movies the first month and then I think a month later it started to change. So sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gitgronked82

gitgronked82 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +962
    Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it. It was definitely significantly better than I was thinking about halfway through it.

Hardly would call Parasite a horror move

• Like Like x 1
  12. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,678
    I know what you mean but I sort of would though. Not supernatural but definitely had elements of horror, probably a mishmash ultimately of different genres I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gitgronked82

gitgronked82 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +962
    hmm i didn't think there were too many moments where i was supposed to be flat out scared, whereas in most movies that i consider horror, they usually deliberately go for that at some point. some suspenseful moments for sure, though.

P.S. (SPOILER alert kind of not really but kind of): How is the dad a skilled enough driver that he can smoothly turn and never spill the guy's coffee? I get how you can BS being a tutor, but.. yeah.

14. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,609
    There were tons of “how could that have happened” moments. That could be said for the majority of the situations throughout the film.