PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss's ex coaches rip him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone catch the segment on the NFL Network? I didnt catch the whole thing because I just had woken up... But Art Shell was saying something along the lines of " Moss is lazy.." , "We wanted him to take an MRI on his knee but he always refuses because he was scared of what it would find", "He teases all of us with a little speed and brilliant plays, but hes getting old fast"...

No class from Art Shell..very scummy move. Even if this all does come to be true ( i am pretty sure it wont), you don't say or do that.. I hope come winter Belicheck and Patriot Nation stuff Art Shell's fat face with crow..all day.

In my business, when mistakes are made and complaints received, the knee-jerk response is, "Yeah, we fired the guy who did that.."

so, everyone's cool if i go ahead and take Belichick and Pioli's talent evaluation over Art Shell's, right?

'kay, thanks.

Anyone catch the segment on the NFL Network? I didnt catch the whole thing because I just had woken up... But Art Shell was saying something along the lines of " Moss is lazy.." , "We wanted him to take an MRI on his knee but he always refuses because he was scared of what it would find", "He teases all of us with a little speed and brilliant plays, but hes getting old fast"...

No class from Art Shell..very scummy move. Even if this all does come to be true ( i am pretty sure it wont), you don't say or do that.. I hope come winter Belicheck and Patriot Nation stuff Art Shell's fat face with crow..all day.

Why is it a very scummy move? Because he's a Patriot now?

Shell is blasting Moss because he is out of a job due to his

failure as a coach and Al Davis's as a GM and he needs someone

to blame.

Shell is blasting Moss because he is out of a job due to his

failure as a coach and Al Davis's as a GM and he needs someone

to blame.

I'm sure you can explain away why some of the coaches over there that still have jobs are saying the same thing. There is no question that Moss was a large part of the problem in Oakland. He can and will be a royal pain in the ***** if he's not in the right situation. Fortunately for us, he's now in the right situation but make no mistake, not even Belichick could keep him in line if he had Aaron Brooks throwing him the ball.

I'm sure you can explain away why some of the coaches over there that still have jobs are saying the same thing. There is no question that Moss was a large part of the problem in Oakland. He can and will be a royal pain in the ***** if he's not in the right situation. Fortunately for us, he's now in the right situation but make no mistake, not even Belichick could keep him in line if he had Aaron Brooks throwing him the ball.

the problem in Oakland was there before Moss showed up to town.

Sour grapes .... lots of em.

Moss will be like a kid in a candy store once he steps foot on the practice field with Brady and company. My guess is he'll never want to leave the field. Then when Moss feels what it's like to actually win come gametime he'll be that much more ecstatic and just raring to hit the next practice. Then the cycle begins again and the momentum keeps going until the Lombardi is hoisted. :singing:

i dont blame art shell .he had to put up with all of mosses sh-t .moss was nothing but lazy and disruptive for the raiders .

Very interesting of Art Shell. I wonder why he is not ripping the other Receiver who at times refused to practice and play for him last year. Remember? The guy that sat on the sidelines laughing and wooping it up with the fans while his QB was getting annihalated on Monday Night Football. I don't remember seeing Moss sitting next to Porter while he was doing that. But let me guess, it's Moss's fault anyway. People don't kid yourselves. Yes Moss is a malcontent, but he was not the only malcontent on that team last year and Art Shell knows it. Why do you think Porter was on the market last year. Art Shell is talking a lot of ****, but how bad will he look if BB gets more out of Moss than he ever did. By the way, has Moss said anything about his former coach? Just curious.

Last edited:
i dont blame art shell .he had to put up with all of mosses sh-t .moss was nothing but lazy and disruptive for the raiders .

Really? what does that make Porter?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/26/SPG6RK5L0N1.DTL
GUT CHECK
Jerry Porter is already testing coach Art Shell
Nancy Gay
Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Suffice to say, this is not the best way to make an impression on the new boss.

Let's say the new guy in charge wants you to stick around after work. The company is in pretty bad shape and the boss needs everyone to put in some extra time, to help get the business pointed in the right direction.

Raiders coach Art Shell, who is demanding effort, commitment and discipline now that he's taking over a franchise that death-spiraled to 13-35 the past three seasons, expected 100 percent attendance at every minicamp, meeting and organized team activity this past offseason.

He also hoped star employees -- Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, for instance -- would work out religiously at the facility, to set a positive tone. To be the examples.

From the start, Porter was adamant that wasn't going to happen.

Yes, believe what you have heard. There is a huge rift between Porter, the Raiders' sometimes spectacular, often annoying and always baffling wide receiver, and Shell, the Hall of Fame tackle and coach who couldn't care less if Porter has a nice spread this month in "Dubs Magazine."

On Tuesday, Porter spelled it out succinctly. He and Shell aren't on the same page.

Porter wants to be traded.

"Yes. Absolutely. I've told them that," Porter said on the team's first day of practice at training camp in Napa. Which, coincidentally, did not include Porter during the afternoon workout because of what Shell described as a strained calf muscle.

That's right. Day 1.

and
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530265
Raiders' Porter demands trade, sits out practice
Associated Press

Updated: July 26, 2006, 10:28 PM ET
NAPA, Calif. -- The Art Shell era has just begun and Jerry Porter is already having problems with his new coach.

A day after publicly demanding a trade, Porter sat out practice Wednesday with a calf injury. While other injured players such as Ronald Curry were on the field with their teammates for part of practice, Porter was nowhere to be seen during workouts.

Porter declined to talk to reporters Wednesday, but Shell said the trade request was a "non-issue" and the team is unlikely to grant his request.

Porter told the San Francisco Chronicle in a story printed Wednesday that he has asked the Raiders to trade him. Porter described a strained relationship that began shortly after Shell took over the team in February, when Porter told the coaching staff he would do most of his offseason workouts in Florida and that "I don't like the way things are going around here."

Shell said there's nothing to "iron out" with Porter and that coaches and players don't always see "eye to eye."

"There's guys every year that might not want to be on a team, but, hey, part of this business is you play with who you've got," Shell said. "If we have somebody on this team that's here, whether he said he wants to be here or not, if he's doing what he's supposed to do, then we'll go to work."

Moss is a malcontent, but he was not the only one.

Last edited:

Could you please provide links to the quotes from the coaches who still have jobs in Oakland who are ripping Moss? I ask because I have only see Shell and the Old OC rip Moss and neither of them have a job currently.

I think you have Moss confused with Jerry Porter.

Art Shell is embarassing himself. Art Shell couldn't coach Moss. So, whose problem is that? It's at least partially Shell's.

Art Shell also couldn't win consistently as an HC, despite a couple of good seasons. He lost his last job after going 2--14. His career coaching record is 56--52. His Playoff Record is 2--3 (including a 51-3 AFC Championship Game loss to the Bills). That's Moss' fault too, I suppose?

Put up or shut up, Art.

Last edited:
The Patriots have the ultimate setup for Randy. Can't talk to the media, but if you do you must stick to the party line. No one will comment on him. If he does something good, even, it will be glossed over in BBs press conferences as a team accomplishment. If he's hurt he'll be IR'd. None of that half practice crap we've been hearing about. He eaither practices or he doesn't play. If he can't hang with it, he's gone.

Belichick handled Gabriel's departure with much more class methinks.

No, I could care less if he was a colt. The point is if this league is suppose to be run professionally and people are getting punished for ceratin things ( bad behavior off field) how does this stand??...these are things that Art Shell can tell BB personally prior/after the trade, not something to say in the media. It would have been a totally different situation had he gone about this mature and said something like "His preperation/Dedication wasn't what we were looking for to lead our team so thats why we ultimately chose to part ways" not straight out BASH him and his age, and his knees, and his ethic..even if it was all painfully obvious..your the head coach, act like it.

This just makes me hope all the more that moss does light it up and expose these organizations who obviously arent dedicated to winning..I just hope Moss takes the high road and doesnt even acknowledge such immatureness and sour grapness from his old coach.

leave the player bashing to us shell..do your self a favor and win a few games..

No doubt that Shell is correct in his assessment of Randy Moss. At the same time, there is no doubt that there are sour grapes about how it all ended up, but he shouldn't put it on Moss as his scapegoat.

Shell should had dealt with the Porter situation and make something happen on that offensive line. He doesn't get any credit for the defense, who former Pat coordinator Rob Ryan is taking care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back