PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss's contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler.Durden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So he renegotiated to a 1 year 3 million guaranteed with incentives to top it up to 5 million.

If things are a success this season what are the chances of moss returning?

99.9% chance. If I were stallworth I would be worried (about next year). Both players are down the field threats so you really only need one. With the money Stallworth will be making next year there's a very good chance he'll get cut. Unless of course Moss really screws up. :nono:

But then Stallworth gets his chance to cash in since a lot the league is willing to overpay any decent Patriot player so its still a win-win.

99.9% chance. If I were stallworth I would be worried (about next year). Both players are down the field threats so you really only need one. With the money Stallworth will be making next year there's a very good chance he'll get cut. Unless of course Moss really screws up. :nono:

I'd go with 00.1% chance if Moss stays healthy and has a good year. He's going to hit free agency and get a big dollar deal from a Snyder or a Jones.

Stallworth needed to be worried about 2008 before Moss was here anyway.

The very deep WR situation even before wasn't going to pad Stallworth's catch total - I think he knew that coming in - his key numbers are the yards per catch.

What we have now is a situation where BOTH Moss and Stallworth can be fresh if they are rotated. The CBs on the otherhand will not be.

And if Moss and Stallworth are both on the field at the same time, Moss - aka the most double-teamed guy in the NFL according to BB - will be the one to have the bigger challenge of getting open - benefiting Stallworth (and everyone else on the field).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes