PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss hasn't faced a guy like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromartie

Rookie
Reaction score
Antonio Cromartie. He's a freakishly gifted specimen at the cb position. He didn't start until week 10 but he leads the league in interceptions and interceptions returned for tds. He's 6'3" tall, runs a 4.3 second 40 yard dash, has a huge verticle leap, long arms, and great hands. He can also throw a football 80 yards, which just shows how physically gifted the guy is. Randy Moss is also a freakishly gifted athlete but he picks on the less gifted corners of the league. Now it's time for him to take on Antonio Cromartie!

Look at how high he can jump:

35949_600w600h.jpg

Sorry Manning, you aren't going to complete a pass on me:

cro3.jpg

cro2.jpg

36930_600w600h.jpg

Cromartie is athletic but 1) he usually plays on the right side of the defense which is the opposite side from Moss and 2) isn't a polished cover guy, he usually gives room and feasts on mistakes.

Cromartie is athletic but 1) he usually plays on the right side of the defense which is the opposite side from Moss and 2) isn't a polished cover guy, he usually gives room and feasts on mistakes.

He did a great job covering Reggie Wayne both times we played the Colts this year, and will probably be moved to the left side to cover Moss. We won't come with the same game plan we did in week 2. This time Moss will match up against Cromartie.

great thread! love the pics!

If we can pressure brady into a couple of bad throws, Cro will be there for the pick!

Yeah except he only got his INT because Manning threw a horrible pass, Wayne was wide open. Your comments kinda remind me of another freakish athlete at corner Deion Sanders. Great corner and athlete but when matched up against a great receiver such as say Jerry Rice he was beaten like a drum twice a year. I see the same thing happening here.

Yeah except he only got his INT because Manning threw a horrible pass, Wayne was wide open. Your comments kinda remind me of another freakish athlete at corner Deion Sanders. Great corner and athlete but when matched up against a great receiver such as say Jerry Rice he was beaten like a drum twice a year. I see the same thing happening here.

Did you forget the other three interceptions that he got on Manning for a total of 4 interceptions on Manning this season?

Wow you're right. Moss can't light a candle next to this guy. He should just give up.

Yeah except he only got his INT because Manning threw a horrible pass, Wayne was wide open.
As I said, Cromartie is not a great cover corner, he's a great athlete. If the ball is thrown as intended, as Brady usually does, he'll give up yards.

Cromartie only gets picks from average QBs.

Brady is not kitna, VY, culpepper, manning and whoever was throwing for KC and Houston

He did a great job covering Reggie Wayne both times we played the Colts this year, and will probably be moved to the left side to cover Moss. We won't come with the same game plan we did in week 2. This time Moss will match up against Cromartie.

lol......ok. Mr All Pro Cromartie will cover Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson all together at once.
:rolleyes:

As I said, Cromartie is not a great cover corner, he's a great athlete. If the ball is thrown as intended, as Brady usually does, he'll give up yards.

Keep in mind that he started week 10 and already has 11 interceptions. Also, this is only his second year in the NFL and he's already this good. He'll master all of the intangibles in the coming years but for right now he's good enough to cover Moss since Brady just tosses it up deep and Moss outruns the defender to score a touchdown. The difference is that Cromartie will not be burned.

You expect him to seamlessly transition from one side of the field to the other? A lot of cornerbacks ***** about such moves.

Wayne still finished the game with 70+ yards receiving, that's not a "great job" by the second coming of Night Train.

And I love the pic you've posted to prove he can leap buildings in single bounds as he has a helping hand from behind. :rolleyes:

cromartie relies too much on his athletism than his football iq... i think randy moss has an edge on that department...

lol......ok. Mr All Pro Cromartie will cover Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson all together at once.
:rolleyes:

We'll work something out for Welker but I imagine that Jammer will cover Stallworth and he's a shutdown corner.

Keep in mind that he started week 10 and already has 11 interceptions. Also, this is only his second year in the NFL and he's already this good. He'll master all of the intangibles in the coming years but for right now he's good enough to cover Moss since Brady just tosses it up deep and Moss outruns the defender to score a touchdown. The difference is that Cromartie will not be burned.

get ready to name yourself CROW-Martie after this game

We'll work something out for Welker but I imagine that Jammer will cover Stallworth and he's a shutdown corner.

Quentin Jammer is a shutdown corner......wow did he ever shutdown Reche Caldwell, Jabbar Gaffney last year.

Quentin Jammer is a shutdown corner......wow did he ever shutdown Reche Caldwell, Jabbar Gaffney last year.

Yea, he did. Did you forget that Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game. We owned your offense but made some boneheaded plays at the end which gave you the win.

Brady can throw to whoever Florence is covering. That guy is STILL looking for Moss after he put that move on him in week 2.

Last edited:

Three of his INTs came before he was a starter, so work on your disinformation skills.

And your misinformation skills could use a little help as well.

Yea, he did. Did you forget that Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game. We owned your offense but made some boneheaded plays at the end which gave you the win.

Final score 24-21 Pats. Brady also had the GW TD, least you forget that dagger. You play the game 60 minutes last I checked. What did you "owned" ? Were you playing O or D for Chargers, or are you Marty

Despite throwing 3 ints he still pulled it out against your overconfident lights out losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down