PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown is like certifiably insane. Like jump off the pru thinking he can fly insane. I don't think BB would bring someone that crazy in

For the same minimum salary I would still rather have Gunner on this team than Antonio Brown.

Lacking a diagnosis, the guy isn't crazy but he is a diva and high maintenance. I think if BB could manage to get him he'd be "all in" because Belichick has the credibility among players that Mayock lacks. IMO it could happen if they can make it work with the cap because Brown has top shelf ability and would be uber insurance for Gordon which is a big deal.

We already win multiple rings without players like Brown

I’m not saying we should do it; I’m just making a case if it were to happen.

This is an idiotic take. We will never trade for him because if we trade for him, we inherit his enormous contract.

BUT, if he gets cut.. I definitely do see BB kicking the tires on him and offering an one year NSA contract that's loaded on incentives, with zero guarantees.
NSA ?? No sh*t allowed?????

I don't really want this drama on the Pats and I doubt it'll happen, but if BB feels he and the team can handle it, I'm on board. They've earned that trust imo.

Can we rent him for a weekend? And, you know, make him team captain?

Probably not. We have a lot of depth at receiver.
his acquisition would mean that Gunner would be knocked off the roster. That is reason enough not to go for him. :D

There are SOME scenarios where I could see Brown coming here. First is that he is not traded, but released. A trade means his contract comes with him, and THAT is clearly a non-starter with the Pats cap situation. The second scenario sees Brown willing to kowtow to someone he greatly respects in the 2 personages of Bellichick and Brady. They are the GOATS of their respective fields and thus people Brown would feel comfortable following and submerging his massive ego....for a time.

So the contract would have to be something like the Randy Moss deal. Say 3MM up front and another 3 MM in incentives on a one year deal. If its a trade, it would be under the condition that his current contract would be torn up. As for what the Pats should give... I'd say a 4 and 6. One slot down from the 3 and 5 the Raiders gave up to get him.

The Pats would have a very good WR situation at that point. Certainly enough to overcome their hole at TE. Josh would have fun creating new ways to use him in combinations with Josh/DT and Edelman. Brady would have fun having more targets. And all would be great...for THAT season.

All that being said....he ain't coming here

Last edited:
The only 2 people that could get anything from him would be BB and Brady anybody else would take second place to his own ego. Despite his undeniable ability he is not for me so I would pass.

I’d be concerned that his presence would have a destabilizing effect on Flash. Hopefully Belichick will have similar caution. Heck AB might even drive BB to try medicinals...

He wouldn't trade for that ridiculous salary.

He wouldn't pay him a big guaranteed contract with that ridiculous behavior.

Brown wouldn't take less that top $.

So, nope.

What makes you think at this point you have a better chance of him not going off the reservation?
I would think he will come in with respect for bb Brady and the dynasty. If he doesn’t and acts up cut him loose.

I would think he will come in with respect for bb Brady and the dynasty. If he doesn’t and acts up cut him loose.

Have you heard the leaked tape segment when he and his agent were talking trade teams ?

The only respect he knows is money. He said that. Literally.

How that would go

AB: talks trash to BB

BB:

. If its a trade, it would be under the condition that his current contract would be torn up. As for what the Pats should give... I'd say a 4 and 6. One slot down from the 3 and 5 the Raiders gave up to get him.
No way the NFLPA allows that to happen, it sets bad precedent and limits the player. If released, they can negotiate with all 31 other teams. In your scenario, they are held captive....but if they don't agree,t he trade doesn't go thru.

Simply based on his racist diatribe against Mayock, he should be punted from the league permanently.

Donald Sterling demands equal justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye