PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana's advice to Brady : Don't leave the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those familiar with typical FA timetables, how quickly do you think we'll know if he stays or not?

Most folks I heard here say we won't hear anything until well until March.

My hope is that Brady, BB, Kraft and Cesario are all on vacation now and are not thinking about 2020 football yet.

Doesn’t matter. He’s still right. It’s not like Brady has 5 years to build an offense at another team. He has maybe 2-3 years tops.

why would TB need to build an offense? Let's say he ends up on a good team (randomly) Pittsburgh who has a good OL, RB, serviceable TEs, and above average WR...what is there to "build?"

why would TB need to build an offense? Let's say he ends up on a good team (randomly) Pittsburgh who has a good OL, RB, serviceable TEs, and above average WR...what is there to "build?"

If they let him play "his" offense, then the other players need to adapt. If they want him to play "their" offense, then he has to adapt. It's not just about being good players. These things take time to implement.

And, though the defense definitely didn't get the job done in SB 52, that team absolutely could have won that game. I wouldn't call it bad luck in the same way as 07, but it was a SB caliber roster (overall) for sure.

that defense couldn’t stop **** that game. Brady throws for 500 yards and we still lose? Phi scored on 7 of 9 drives?

Im not sure I’ll ever get over that day.

Montana does not understand that Brady is not him. Brady is the greatest QB of all time and has a desire to win/compete that is unmatched. Montana was traded to KC. Brady is a FA and can go wherever he wants. The Pats don't have Steve Young in the wings. If there is one guy that I would never bet against in any situation, it is Brady. That being said, I hope he stays in NE.

Cynical translation:

“Tom, don’t go to another team and have success cause the system QB argument is all i have left on you for GOAT status”

Cynical translation:

“Tom, don’t go to another team and have success cause the system QB argument is all i have left on you for GOAT status”

I think you mean Montana referring to his “one of the quarterbacks who was among the best quarterbacks of his specific era, arguably,” status.

Doesn’t matter. He’s still right. It’s not like Brady has 5 years to build an offense at another team. He has maybe 2-3 years tops.

Not that I disagree with Montana, but let's not pretend the Pats' current offense is the Greatest Show on Turf by any far stretch of the imagination. The current personnel on offense is laughable.

Never understood why Montana had an issue with Brady , but he did. It was apparent to everyone and it came across as petty jealousy.

Not that I disagree with Montana, but let's not pretend the Pats' current offense is the Greatest Show on Turf by any far stretch of the imagination. The current personnel on offense is laughable.

It’s awful. I’m sure Brady is using this as leverage to get better players on offense. He’s never done it but if he had to do it, now’s the time.

I believe only Peyton came out a winner of all the top-caliber QBs who left their team...
He won a SB with Broncos...

Everybody wants to weight in on this subject. What is very amusing is that it is SB week and this seems to be a bigger story than the game itself. Even when the Patriots are not playing, they are still in everyone's mind ! During media day players are being asked this question about Brady . I love it...

If they let him play "his" offense, then the other players need to adapt. If they want him to play "their" offense, then he has to adapt. It's not just about being good players. These things take time to implement.

I agree with that... But that’s my point:
Why would a team that is already successful want to change their offense for TB?
Plus, isn't it Charlie Weiss’s offense? Not TB’s.

Cynical translation:

Were TFB to go to Team T and have a sub-par season missing the playoffs or whatever, then the detractors would have ammunition to say, "Proof that it was the Pats system that made him successful as he did not have equal success with Team T"

Never understood why Montana had an issue with Brady , but he did. It was apparent to everyone and it came across as petty jealousy.

There's too much insecurity around here. Montana was being honest based on his own experience.

I believe only Peyton came out a winner of all the top-caliber QBs who left their team...
He won a SB with Broncos...

Going to the AFC championship as Montana did makes him a winner in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down