PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Karrass-Mason-Cannon for the majority of the season ...

I’d try Cajuste at LT and see how he handles it.

If he flops, then I’d tend to think Newhouse or Cunningham would play LT. I think Thuney offers greater value at LG.

I could be wrong though, in which case your suggestion is probably the next best option.
I could be way off, but I think if Andrews was still around : Thuney - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Cannon would be a viable line. Having Karras at C limits optimal scenarios.

Bedard has spoken highly of Eleumenor’s LT film

What kind of minor foot injury would result in a 300 pound dancing bear being ruled out so quickly?

Fearing the worst, hoping for the best.

Plantar Fasciitis?

Bedard has spoken highly of Eleumenor’s LT film
While I believe you and there might be merit there - it’d be surprising a high quality LT was available for very little compensation.

Wynn had shown us some very very promising play. His loss would hurt. I don’t think I’m alone in stating that injuries are this season’s main opponent.

Wynn was back out on the sidelines? I missed that..

I heard or read it happened on Michel td play and he went back out before leaving somewhere...

No idea if he was on sideline. I doubt it if he was ruled out.

Early reaction, but in the event this turns south...

I know most posters are in the “don’t move around players because you are weakening more than one spot”. Having said that, if Cajuste returns, does it make sense to try him at LG and Thuney at LT ?

It always depends on the specifics. Would probably make more sense to just play Cajuste and Thuney both at their natural positions, though. There might be a movie called The Blind Side but all 5 OL positions are roughly equal in value to me.

While I believe you and there might be merit there - it’d be surprising a high quality LT was available for very little compensation.

Wynn had shown us some very very promising play. His loss would hurt. I don’t think I’m alone in stating that injuries are this season’s main opponent.

360x0.jpg

You’re right.
It’s still more than we gave up for Eluemunor

Yeah, and we're probably not getting a Trent Brown quality player in Eluemunor.

Cajuste is a major wild card in the whole situation. He had surgery in late March, and reports at the time predicted he'd be ready to resume playing in 3 months. That obviously didn't happen, but we have no idea why. (Initial condition more complicated than expected? Post-surgical complications? Difficulty regaining strength/mobility? Etc.) And beyond that, we don't know how much he's around the team, in meetings, workouts etc. that could affect his ability to step in mid-season. Also, while he seems to have swing tackle potential he has never played anywhere but LT.

Cajuste is a major wild card in the whole situation. He had surgery in late March, and reports at the time predicted he'd be ready to resume playing in 3 months. That obviously didn't happen, but we have no idea why. (Initial condition more complicated than expected? Post-surgical complications? Difficulty regaining strength/mobility? Etc.) And beyond that, we don't know how much he's around the team, in meetings, workouts etc. that could affect his ability to step in mid-season. Also, while he seems to have swing tackle potential he has never played anywhere but LT.
I wish we had a better idea of where he is in the process. I thought this was a calf injury, not a calf replacement. :rolleyes: This is one of the more frustrating aspects of being a Pats fan. We - know - nothing.
about injuries.

And while we have gotten 27 doctors commenting on Drew Brees' thumb, we have ZERO news or even any SPECULATION on the condition of Isaiah Wynn.

interesting that nothing has come out in the last 6 hours.

It always depends on the specifics. Would probably make more sense to just play Cajuste and Thuney both at their natural positions, though. There might be a movie called The Blind Side but all 5 OL positions are roughly equal in value to me.

Left tackles have always been paid way more, because their job is more important. If a front-side pass rusher gets free, the QB can try to get rid of the ball faster. If it's the backside, there isn't much they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes