PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I wrote this morning....I suspect grade 3 turf toe, IR designation, hopefully back after the bye.
He had the MRI this morning, right?

6F52F2DD-4699-4F33-B699-EB3D70E0B51E.jpeg

Ok. Let’s look at the how the schedule looks while Wynn is gone. Not to mention the bye week is week 10 which will be 8 weeks.

Doesn’t look too bad outside of that Baltimore road trip if you ask me.

Is there anything that confirms this? A page on journalism on the internet? I don’t see anything from a google search.

I've been saying it all day, but my degree is in journalism FWIW.

It isn’t implied when he says “I’m told” that this is a credible source?! Every report is based on hearsay...that doesn’t mean being inaccurate gets a pass.

So when you're told "week-to-week" (and that was what everyone had been told) and report it, then you have reported inaccurately. Even if it happened to be accurate at the time.

Got it.

I'm really thrilled it's not season ending. Get healthy for mid-season and the home stretch.

At least Jimmy G lasted 6 quarters

This is fine. Our regular season schedule for the next couple weeks is completely fine and we still have two top guards in the NFL in Thuney and Mason. Ted Karras would be a starter on most teams as well. Now, the goal is to emphasize the run game to keep the pass rush off guard and fill the playbook with short, intermediate passes. Naturally, having the best WR core in the NFL helps alleviate some concerns.

Isaiah Wynn will be 1 of the players coming off IR at the earliest possible time. Per the current WR core, I see no reason for Harry to not have a redshirt season. Edelman and Gordon should be here for the season as should Dorsett. Harry was already having a tough time during the camp, so he's in no way even an upgrade over Meyers at this point. Let him have a season to actually learn to get separation from WRs. I'd actually rather bring back another player than Harry. Let's see how it plays out over the next couple weeks.

View attachment 24253

Ok. Let’s look at the how the schedule looks while Wynn is gone. Not to mention the bye week is week 10 which will be 8 weeks.

Doesn’t look too bad outside of that Baltimore road trip if you ask me.
Baltimore, and maybe Cleveland. The way Myles Garrett had his way against the Jets can be cause to worry. And, judging from his play from last night's game, seems like Garrett may be a bit of a dirty player.

Baltimore, and maybe Cleveland. The way Myles Garrett had his way against the Jets can be cause to worry. And, judging from his play from last night's game, seems like Garrett may be a bit of a dirty player.
Us at home vs. Cleveland. That individual matchup may be a problem, but I trust our coaches to out coach their coaches by a mile.

80606A87-ECE1-4788-924B-5483E3144497.jpeg

Getting him back for this stretch is all I care about.

If ever there was a time when losing a key guy for 8 weeks was doable, it is now.

Can we make it the last biggie?

I'll probably end up not liking his game, but at least I like this guy's sense of humor.

Newhouse is the Swing Tackle, though he might be the Starting LT for the foreseeable future.

It's going to be interesting to see just what the Pats do..

The issue in the next 5 weeks isn't winning games. We'll lose one or not. The issue is keeping Brady off the ground.

Brady and Josh have been here before. We need to play a 6 man line, with a blocking TE in on every play. The alternative is Develin filling that role.

What they need to do is keep the opposing team honest with a healthy balance of Runs and Play-action passes and screens..

Odd year BS starting early

Well that sucks. So much for taking Rapoport's tweet too serious. Week-t0-Week my ass.

I suppose similar to putting Andrews on season ending IR just to not even get into a situation where he puts himself into harms way it also makes sense to just put Wynn on ice for 6 weeks to so he doesn't consistently reaggravates the injury and plays the entire season hobbled.

Injuries and odd years. Jesus..

We’re winning the super bowl. I don’t care if the entire offense is injured. The defense is good for 14 per game and your not scoring, ergo. Don’t sweat it

you can take 2 players off IR. Harry week 9, Wynn week 11.

The injury bug is hitting HARD in odd years again, it's UNBELIEVABLE

This "injury bug in odd years" is fiction. Why do I say that? Because they put 16 people on the IR last year and 16 people the year before. We didn't have nearly as many go to the IR in 2016.. But we DID have players injured in Solder. In fact, 2016 I remember every one on the O-line except Andrews missed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back