PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF Final Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have a hunch something bizarre is going to happen tonight.

Yea a lot of guys are gonna yak way too much about the Monday Nite Football thing and in the background a football game is going to happen, the game will be secondary to their inflated egos and stupid stories.

GJAJ15 said:
Yea a lot of guys are gonna yak way too much about the Monday Nite Football thing and in the background a football game is going to happen, the game will be secondary to their inflated egos and stupid stories.
Well I think we're all expecting the game to be secondary.. it usually is on ABC, thus not qualifying as bizarre.

Well

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Well I think we're all expecting the game to be secondary.. it usually is on ABC, thus not qualifying as bizarre.

Well i agree with you here----but tonight should be utterly stupid! By the way is Kevin Mawae playing? if so we can count on him trying to injure someone just like last year's incident with Seymore! :bricks:

Mawae has been on IR for more than half the season.

mtbykr said:
Well i agree with you here----but tonight should be utterly stupid! By the way is Kevin Mawae playing? if so we can count on him trying to injure someone just like last year's incident with Seymore! :bricks:

It's onlly the last MNF game on ABC. It, unfortunately, will be on ESPN next year.

So I say- big deal- more media hype.

kurtinelson said:
I have a hunch something bizarre is going to happen tonight.

Perhaps a John Madden "Wardrobe Malfunction?"

JoeSixPat said:
Perhaps a John Madden "Wardrobe Malfunction?"

Thanks Joe, now I have to barf before the game.:cool3:

Last edited:
The level of self-indulgece over a non-event will be staggering!

MNF will be on ESPN, which says that 90% of the current viewers have ESPN anyway.

The MNF crew moves to Sunday night at 8:30.

Big whoop! Yet we will endure the retrospectives, self-congratulation, and self-indulgence at a level that only the media can do.

This should make worse the biggest problem of all with MNF -- while most regular games go about 3 hours of game time, MNF seem incapable of finishing before 12:30. Who needs it!

MNF is great! its like... something to look foward all monday day.
Football is football, i dont care who plays on monday night, i just want to see a game after a hard days of school!

Most of the significance of MNF is due to their early years, when they were a much more important event than they are now. Back then there were fewer games on TV each week (no cable and in Boston usually a Patriots blackout) and the only highlights you saw before MNF were on the Sunday night news. So don't dismiss MNF's place in history solely based on the world today, you are selling it short. And that plade in history deserves some indulgence as it comes to an end.

GJAJ15 said:

Glad I can listen to Gil and Geno over the internet. :D

Ya, it sucks for us Rasslin fans in Canada cuz MNF is being moved to TSN and we're never going to get to see WWE raw live again. (I know you guys don't care but it is a pain in the azz for us.)

Since it's the last Monday Night Football Game. Let me be the first
to say; "Turn out the lights the party's over." For the Jets and MNF
on ABC. If you don't know what I'm talking about ask your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes