SOURCE:98.5 The Sports Hub

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Mindhunter Season 2

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Brady_to_Moss, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,436
    ---
    I hadn't either until two week sago when my kid was watching season 2.. Got hooked and binge watched both seasons...

2. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,459
    ---
    My GFs brother is in the FBI (Cyber Terrorism) and he's heard countless stories of this when it first started and how fascinating it actually is to hear the real stories through him that have been passed on in the department. Really cool stuff.

3. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +8,459
    ---
    It catches you right away doesn't it? It's like crack

4. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +8,459
    ---
    I watched that and binged that as well. Absolutely a great watch. How he was caught..escaped from the courtroom. Made his way to Florida. That was a wild wild story.

The way he was described by the women as a good looking normal man...until the other side showed up.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,207
    ---
    thanks. no wonder ive never heard of it.

6. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +8,459
    ---
    Speaking of Netflix...I need another season of Shot in the Dark. I loved that series. Nightcrawler was based off of one of the guys on the show and 2 of them are briefly in the movie I just noticed last week.

7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49,829
    ---
    They have some quality original content. Both Mindhunter and Peaky Blinders are very good.

8. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8,148
    ---
    Couple guys I work with are always going on about Peaky Blinders, I watched the first half hour and was bored, maybe I should give it another shot.

9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +49,829
    ---
    It’s good once you realize it’s a bit on the ridiculous side. Kind of like a Guy Ritchie movie. But it’s pretty good.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23,624
    ---
    I’m comfortable in being heterosexual and saying Cillian Murphy is one very good looking dude...almost distracts from the show the way a smoking hot woman usually does. It’s weird because for pretty obvious reasons (being heterosexual) I’ve never been distracted by a man’s looks to the point of it effecting the way I see a show or movie. It’s not that I’m attracted to the guy...more just “struck” by his looks, “holy crap that dude is good looking” in almost every scene.

Any other men willing to comment on this?

11. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +49,829
    ---
    He looks like a woman to me. Very feminine features. The only thing I don’t like about that show is that the finales always end like a gangster version of “Entourage” where everything just kind of works out for them in the end.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +23,624
    ---
    Absolutely. And I think you’ve answered my own subconscious question of why I haven’t been able to press Play on Season 3 for almost a year despite liking the show. It is too neatly wrapped.

13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +49,829
    ---
    Season 3 might be the best of the bunch, though. As long as you know that’s what happens, you can enjoy it for the other parts. Adrien Brody ripped that character in half. He is EXCELLENT as a roaring 20s era Italian American gangster.

14. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +23,624
    ---
    That sounds cool. It's been on my Watchlist forever, and I think I've watched S3E1 like seven times with the intent to watch the season, but then I keep getting caught up with something else. A solid guest star is intriguing though and will probably put me over the edge; is it anything close to a Bobby Cannavale/Boardwalk Empire performance here?

15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,436
    ---
    I will have to take your word for it on that.......

16. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +49,829
    ---
    No way. He’s good but nowhere near as entertaining and funny as Cannavale was in Boardwalk.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,148
    ---
    upload_2019-9-3_12-32-35.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +23,624
    ---
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. aluminum seats

Ratings:
    +8,148
    ---
    Sorry man, that makes me chuckle I can’t help it. Sense of humor of a nine-year-old apparently.

20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +23,624
    ---
    Assuming you’ve finished now, you should read into the developments in Atlanta since MH S2 came out. The cases have been reopened, but I think it’s largely driven by politics (and a lot of racial incitement and wishful thinking that it was a white supremacist group all along, much like Holden got from Mrs. Front Desk). Even though Williams was never tried for the child murders, here’s some sourced Wikipedia info about what they’ve found forensically since his conviction, as well as the immediate stoppage of further disappearances. This is a great post-script to MH S2. I am somewhat surprised the actual postscript had a lot less confidence that they got the right guy, for both the adult murders and presumably all of the child murders that were systematic:

Williams' trial began on January 6, 1982, in Fulton County. During the two-month trial, prosecutors matched nineteen different sources of fibers from Williams' home and car—his bedspread, bathroom, gloves, clothes, carpets, dog, and an unusual tri-lobal carpet fiber—to a number of victims. Other evidence included eyewitness testimony placing Williams with several victims while they were alive and inconsistencies in his accounts of his whereabouts. Williams took the stand in his own defense but alienated the jury by becoming angry and combative.[8] After 12 hours of deliberation, the jury found him guilty on February 27 of the murders of Cater and Payne. He was sentenced to life imprisonment.[9]

In 2007, the FBI performed DNA tests on two human hairs found on one of the victims. The mitochondrial DNA sequence in the hairs would eliminate 99.5% of persons by not matching their DNA. The mitochondrial DNA sequence in the hairs would eliminate 98% of African American persons by not matching their DNA. However, they matched Williams' DNA and so did not eliminate the possibility that the hairs were his.[31]

DNA testing was performed in 2010 on scalp hairs found on the body of 11-year-old victim Patrick Baltazar. While the results were not firmly conclusive, the DNA sequence found appears in only 29 out of 1,148 African-American hair samples in the FBI's database. The Baltazar case was included among ten additional victims presented to the jury at Williams' trial, although he was never charged in any of those cases.

Dog hairs also found on Baltazar's body were tested in 2007 by the genetics laboratory at the University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, which found a DNA sequence also present in the Williams family's German Shepherd. However, the director of the laboratory, Elizabeth Wictum, pointed out that while the results were "fairly significant", they were not conclusive. Only mitochondrial DNA was tested which, unlike nuclear DNA, cannot be shown to be unique to one dog. This means that while the report said the hairs on the bodies contained the same DNA sequence as Williams' dog, the same DNA sequence occurs in about 1 in 100 dogs.[32] The FBI report stated only that "Wayne Williams cannot be excluded" as a suspect in the case.[33]

• Like Like x 1