PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Huff dropping??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Belichick would love to get Huff and could well trade up for him if he's within reach. He loves Ed Reed and I think Huff could be the same kind of Safety plus he has the versatility to play CB. It would create some issue - would he eventually replace Harrison and give us to coverage type Safeties (Wilson and Huff) or would Wilson or Huff play CB. Whichever, I think Belichick would love to get him and have the problem of figuring out where to play them.

Yes, in a heartbeat. No questions asked.

He's dropping because some scouts think that he is more natuaral at Safety. Yet, he could still play corner.:eek:

That is the reason tha he is dropping???? To me, that would make him a more valuable choice.

What am I missing?

PATSNUTme said:
He's dropping because some scouts think that he is more natuaral at Safety. Yet, he could still play corner.:eek:

That is the reason tha he is dropping???? To me, that would make him a more valuable choice.

What am I missing?
Not sure but whatever it is let's hope that line of thinking continues until April 29.

This is the time of year when scouts leak out misinformation to try to manipulate the draft. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I'll be stunned if Huff isn't one of the first twelve picks.

dryheat44 said:
This is the time of year when scouts leak out misinformation to try to manipulate the draft. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I'll be stunned if Huff isn't one of the first twelve picks.

By all accounts, he is another potential Ronnie Lott: coverage skills, deep speed and a really good hit on him. You're right. He'll go early.

PATSNUTme said:

What am I missing?
Apparently some scouts were projecting him as a corner and now that it looks like he will be more of a safety than a corner they are drooping his stock a little.

BelichickFan said:
I think Belichick would love to get Huff and could well trade up for him if he's within reach. He loves Ed Reed and I think Huff could be the same kind of Safety plus he has the versatility to play CB. It would create some issue - would he eventually replace Harrison and give us to coverage type Safeties (Wilson and Huff) or would Wilson or Huff play CB. Whichever, I think Belichick would love to get him and have the problem of figuring out where to play them.

What you said.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=15988&pcid=46

The recent signings...

should tell you that the Pats have given up on the secondary for 21...LB and RB are slipping because of the run on CB/S taking place in the run up to the draft, so the Pats know they will get more than value ...most likely LB
smart move as usual, but no chance they will trade up.

BelichickFan said:

ive said this before
michael huff=ed reed
could be better
if he fell a lil, and we could reasonably move up to get him, i would LOVE it
but, i really doubt that he falls
there will be one or two unexpected falls, but i dont think itll be him

I'd think Huff would be good value if he falls to mid first round and well worth the trade up if he lives up to his potential. I love his versatility.

I agree with patsfan55, Huff coul dbe as good as Reed. Of course Huff projects as a SS as opposed to Reed a FS, but he could be very special, barring injury. Huff, Ferguson and Hawk are the closest thing to locks in my opinion.

I'm not buying it..... Huff will be long, long gone by 12-14..... He's that valuable and versitile. If he drops to 15 we have to try and get him.....

He didn't drop in the Pro Football Weekly rankings effective 4/7.

He rated at #6 overall.

Sports Illustrated article had one GM criticizing him as saying he doesn't play as fast as he times.

It sounded like a Pats GM, b/c one thing he said is that he didn't feel like "paying more than last year" for the same level talent as last year in the FA market. Who does that sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down