PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

Certainly possible, though Breer reported this morning that it's possible BOB goes with Bill, and Josh may want to stay in New England. Josh might want to prioritize being able to put down long term roots for his family. At this point though I don't think we can say anything for certain.
With all the noise about Bill and BOB undercutting each other that seems like it would be amazing.

or is that noise all pure fiction?

That's just wishes and dreams and hopes, though.

Until they get a new OC in here, then it's O'Brien. Until they get a new QB in here, it's Mac, and considering that I believe those were both Kraft choices, that they will be here next year.

Also, if Troy Brown is still on the staff, I don't trust any receiver they bring in to develop at all. With an OC, hopefully they'd bring in a WR coach of their own - but I'm really not too hopeful.
They can maybe get a 4th rounder for Mac, which they should do ASAP. Then he won't be a possiblity.

Becoming a playoff team next year is a low bar?
No, playoffs while developing a franchise QB on the bench seems quite a stretch. I love the optimism!

No, playoffs while developing a franchise QB on the bench seems quite a stretch. I love the optimism!
I was responding to a poster that said that Mac playing at the level he played in '21 might lead the team to the playoffs but not win. I said getting that far while letting a rookie develop would be nice. I didn't say it was my expectation.

I was responding to a poster that said that Mac playing at the level he played in '21 might lead the team to the playoffs but not win. I said getting that far while letting a rookie develop would be nice. I didn't say it was my expectation.
Gotcha. But that’s so much more faith than I have in Corky it just didn’t register.

and I’d be afraid that sitting a rookie as Mac’s understudy would ruin him by providing a bad example.

Gotcha. But that’s so much more faith than I have in Corky it just didn’t register.

and I’d be afraid that sitting a rookie as Mac’s understudy would ruin him by providing a bad example.
Oh I don't either. Hell no. Just speaking in hypotheticals.

Very interesting to hear that BB wasn't thrilled to bring BOB back, but Krafts forced the issue... if any truth to these rumors.
Wonder what Mayo thinks of this - and if JMD would prefer to go back to NE to work "under" Mayo, or follow BB?

Why are people so concerned about Jonathan taking a larger role from here on?
Sounds like Bobby is behind a lot of the recent issues the last 4 years.
The only reason he was "great" during the 2 dynasties is because he didn't do anything - BB ran it all.

Certainly possible, though Breer reported this morning that it's possible BOB goes with Bill, and Josh may want to stay in New England. Josh might want to prioritize being able to put down long term roots for his family. At this point though I don't think we can say anything for certain.
Weird to think I've literally been inside McD's house in *Attleboro. Hope this doesn't give me away.

That's just wishes and dreams and hopes, though.

Until they get a new OC in here, then it's O'Brien. Until they get a new QB in here, it's Mac, and considering that I believe those were both Kraft choices, that they will be here next year.

Also, if Troy Brown is still on the staff, I don't trust any receiver they bring in to develop at all. With an OC, hopefully they'd bring in a WR coach of their own - but I'm really not too hopeful.
You just nut tapped me in the balls à la McCorkie...

Reminder for folks - even if they wanted to promote Steve Belichick or Demarcus Covington, they are required to do one minority external candidate interview due to the Rooney Rule.
Mike McDaniel for OC?

Why are people so concerned about Jonathan taking a larger role from here on?
Sounds like Bobby is behind a lot of the recent issues the last 4 years.
The only reason he was "great" during the 2 dynasties is because he didn't do anything - BB ran it all.
Thats exactly why.

Robert hired a football guy and let him make the football decisions.

There is good reason for concern that if Jonathan starts meddling and that changes the results won’t be as good.

wonder how much of the past four years has been Jonathan taking a more active role in running the team?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back