PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe premature but.....KC VS San Fran....Who wins this SB?!

On the fence. Could be the team that scores the most points. But it could be the team that gives ups less points.

Let's be honest, the real winner in all of this is Rob Lowe.

Only a man of his stature could pull off this egregious display of cringe, and still be awesome after the fact.
View attachment 25919

Ian sent me a generic NFL sweatshirt and it completely baffles people.

Seasons like 2007, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2018 where it is super-offense against really good defense seem to end up in the defense's favor and kinda boring games. I guess I'll take the 49ers even though I haven't seen them play and every time I've watched Mahomes and crew they look totally unstoppable.

I guess they'll have to play the game.

I am happy that deserving and good teams represent both conferences, and were the ones who beat all/most the good competition they faced. It's frustrating when these single game elimination contests give some lucky but otherwise worse team a ticket to the big game.

It’ll be close because KC’s ability to score in under 3 minutes means they’re in every game. The game plan of keeping the game low scoring and controlling the clock doesn’t work against them for this reason because you can’t ever be happy with a 10 or 14 point lead. I think KC wins 28-24 for this reason and only loses if SF can win the turnover battle by 2.

It’ll be close because KC’s ability to score in under 3 minutes means they’re in every game. The game plan of keeping the game low scoring and controlling the clock doesn’t work against them for this reason because you can’t ever be happy with a 10 or 14 point lead. I think KC wins 28-24 for this reason and only loses if SF can win the turnover battle by 2.

You can't even be happy with a 24 point lead against KC :D

Honestly, all joking aside. Part of me looks at this Chiefs team and thinks they are the exact same for the most part as last year. If you played them like the Pats did in the AFCGC, the result could be similar. The Titans lost because people forgot that Tannehill is really just Ryan Tannehill. An average QB who is never going to take you far.

The 49ers should be able to run and pass the ball efficiently and put the pressure on the KC defense. The Chiefs will score. Mahomes is a stud and I think like last years AFCGC, whoever has the ball last will win.

Last edited:
The 49ers are not the Texans or the Titans. They can also score quickly and can protect leads. They have a much better D than either of those teams and their O is also explosive and better than either of the teams the Chiefs faced in the playoffs. If the 49ers jump out to a big lead , they have the D that can stifle KC. We were the best D the Chiefs faced and really kept them in check most of the game and only lost because of some horrific officiating and blown calls !
As great as KC is, this is the SB, anything can happen, most times the team with the better D prevails.
Go 9ers. !!!!

The 49ers are not the Texans or the Titans. They can also score quickly and can protect leads. They have a much better D than either of those teams and their O is also explosive and better than either of the teams the Chiefs faced in the playoffs. If the 49ers jump out to a big lead , they have the D that can stifle KC. We were the best D the Chiefs faced and really kept them in check most of the game and only lost because of some horrific officiating and blown calls !
As great as KC is, this is the SB, anything can happen, most times the team with the better D prevails.
Go 9ers. !!!!
Call me a Homer/hater whatever. I'm not the least impressed with the Chiefs playoffs run thus far! They beat a overachieving Texans team that never won anything and a team lead by Ryan Tannehill in the AFCG! While KC's offense is top notch (one of the best in the NFL) they still don't have much of a running game and their defense is borderline trash! I'm taking the 49ers by at least 7 - 10 points!

49ers will win but KC will score some, just cause it is what they do. That being said the SF offense is a horrible match up for them. These games tend to be more defensive in nature than most predict some I will air on that side of things.

49ers win 30 - 24 and will get a defensive score from Mahomes trying to extend a play too long.

Jimmy is honestly a bit coKKy and has been mostly handoff machine and hasn’t had to throw much...Mahomes has done more thru air and handing off....feel like KC has some advantage...what do u think?!....which QB is favored in SB?

Also, add a poll please?

OT, but does anyone else think Kyle Shanahan looks like a Beastie Boy? I can't shake that thought every time I see him.

He looks like a meth dealer.

On the fence. Could be the team that scores the most points. But it could be the team that gives ups less points.

Is it less or fewer? This may be one of those rare situations where you can use both.

Anyone else notice the top two tight ends in the league are both in the Super Bowl this year? Kittle and Kelce.

Who else has been there frequently the past 10 years? Gronk.

Having an elite tight end is a weapon that exceeds an elite wide receiver or running back. They are borderline unstoppable and a quarterback’s best friend.

Anyone else notice the top two tight ends in the league are both in the Super Bowl this year? Kittle and Kelce.

Having an elite tight end is a weapon that exceeds an elite wide receiver or running back. They are borderline unstoppable and a quarterback’s best friend.

Youre not wrong but the team has to be good. Remember, Gates and Gonzalez never made a SB. I would probably take a Gronk or a Kittle over a WR or RB too. Gotta love the guys that can block.

Watching last years AFCGC and three things really stand out: 1) It feels like Brady had tons of weapons. From Jules, to White, to Gronk and even Hogan, he had people making plays. Heck, those end arounds with Paterson even worked. 2) the refs stink. Lots of examples of the refs just not calling really obvious things. 3) Mahomes is good.

Kittle is an elite TE. Kelce is a glorified WR.

I think this Chiefs team is battle-tested and will win easily. I am rooting for the lesser of two evils in 49ers though.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back