PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

May the Schwartz be with us!

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If nothing else comes out of this draft. BB should spend a 3rd day pick on Anthony Schwartz. He is most likley the fasted guy coming out.

It is high time that the Pats drafted a speed guy, and this one can actually cacth the ball. And he outran SEC opponents, not DIV 2 guys who are selling insurance now.

I like him, but he also gives me Taylor Price vibes.

Man! He is fast! Almost waddle fast!

not very twitchy, not great at catch point, couldn’t block a six year old, route running is as sharp as a bowling ball, but man, is he fast.

Man! He is fast! Almost waddle fast!

not very twitchy, not great at catch point, couldn’t block a six year old, route running is as sharp as a bowling ball, but man, is he fast.
thats why he can be drafted in the 6th rd, you know the round after BB took a kicker who didnt make the team last year.

I'm ok with a late round selection. I'm an Auburn fan and this guy is fast and he played in a terrible offense. I didn't see anything that impressed me during his college years but maybe he could be a good pro. Kinda small but he can run. Was not that impressive in the return game either.

I'm ok with a late round selection. I'm an Auburn fan and this guy is fast and he played in a terrible offense. I didn't see anything that impressed me during his college years but maybe he could be a good pro. Kinda small but he can run. Was not that impressive in the return game either.

between waddle, smith and Schwartz, we have three receivers in the state of Alabama and not one of them exceeds 175 pounds.

I wouldn't mind him as the back end of a WR double-dip, though I wouldn't look for him until our 5th-rounder...Really wish Bill had drafted another Auburn WR in 2019 with one of his Two 5th-rounders that year, one of which was spent on little lord Byron the Coward...

In the draft today, teams can find quality receivers in just about any round.

the trick to this that someone must teach bb, is to actually use draft capital on wide receivers.

I am an absolute sucker for fast guys (Al Davis disease), although the Jeff Demps experiment still haunts me. That being said: 10.15, 10.09a, 10.07w, 4.26 (although HT?) - I'm all in for a late round flyer.

Seems like a Ted Ginn type. Really fast, could be good on special teams and gadget plays... but how does he play as an actual feature WR? Can he play the X or Z and run all the routes required for a typical Pats WR who needs to execute complex 'read' option routes?

He's super fast but has no idea what he's doing.

He's super fast but has no idea what he's doing.

Yeah if you plan to use a top-150 pick on one of these fast but small WRs, then you need to know if he can also beat coverage, give his QB a target to find him, and can take hits between the hash marks...

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back