Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 35.1% at NE: 64.9%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

farn

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Lebanon is going through trying times.

They say that years ago, Beirut was one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It’s sad to see beautiful things cease...

patman12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Also, since the government hasn’t immediately come out to say it was accidental, there is some speculation that it may have been an attack.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
That is a huge explosion......not an expert, but looks like a tactical suitcase nuke.....

Edit: 2.7K tons of ammonium nitrate. Yup, should have thought of EMP waves from a nuclear blast, but damn...that was a huge one.

Last edited:

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
IDF attack on Hezbollah site is my guess....and I also guess we'll never know the real story

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Seeing reports that the fireworks warehouse was near a possible munitions depot. Given the hidden Iranian and Hezbollah depots all over Lebanon, I'm sure the Lebanese government is going to tread lightly with this, but with all the unrest already present there in the country, this could be the beginning of much worse things for Lebanon.

I had the privilege of traveling to Lebanon in 2006 (before the Israeli invasion) and it was a beautiful country. Beirut really was that nice. It's sad to see what's become of that country, and now this.

Chevrolet

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
That was no fireworks explosion.

Apparently, Hezbollah store a lot of their missiles in civilian areas (the port) so Israelis won't bomb them. This may have been a fire that spread to huge missile depot near the port.

Isreal denies involvement and Hezbollah also said Israel was not involved.

Last edited:

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
That is a huge explosion......not an expert, but looks like a tactical suitcase nuke.....
Doesn’t look like it to my untrained eye. There is a smoke column before the massive explosion, or explosions. Looks like a two-part blast after there was already something burning. Not at all the profile of a suitcase nuke or any fission event really.

early reports were a fireworks facility, then the government said it was “confiscated material”.

Maybe they confiscated a shipment of munitions and stashed them in the fireworks facility for safekeeping?

Pat the Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
The white building that looked like a bunch of tubes are silos for grain. The dust inside them can be very explosive. I did see a video that did show what looks like multiple small explosions, possibly fireworks, which could have ignited the silos?

masterbouncer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
My brother in law just came back from Lebanon as he was there serving one year for UN blue berets. He thinks the initial fire ignited the grain storage/silos near by which lead to a kind of aerosol bomb since the aerosols in such grain storages are highly explosive and could lead to a massive explosion when ignited.

Steve:Section 102

The real ruler of Westeros.
PatsFans.com Supporter
My brother in law just came back from Lebanon as he was there serving one year for UN blue berets. He thinks the initial fire ignited the grain storage/silos near by which lead to a kind of aerosol bomb since the aerosols in such grain storages are highly explosive and could lead to a massive explosion when ignited.
Seems legit.

Seems poor urban planning to put grain silos next to fireworks storage.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
There is a video of what sounds like fire crackers going off inside a building prior to the big one.

The massive blast is rumored to have destroyed nearby hospitals.

Rumors are Iranian missiles were stored near the fireworks warehouse.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Any military bomb guys here?

Whats with the orange smoke? I googled "orange smoke from blast" and came back with chemical explosion.