SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Sun
Oct 1st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Finally Connecting
Tom Brady and Brandin Cooks finally got on the same page during Sunday's win over the Texans.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Mass. Lottery releases new Patriots "5X CHAMPIONS" instant ticket

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Bill Lee, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Bill Lee

Bill Lee What, me worry? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,315
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

2. Nitro

Nitro Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +610
    Just read an article somewhere last week that the politicians score $125K for every $5K the lottery gives out. I wont be buying.

3. chasa

chasa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,278
    If you're curious why our school systems are shit right now, look towards the lottery.

Because a lot of lottery proceeds go to school funding, It gave the government an out on funding the schools themselves, thus allowing them to cut school support, and placing the burden on the poor who think they are going to be the ones that win it big.

Essentially its a pretty sweet way for the rich to stop paying for the poor to go to public school, by making the poor pay for it themselves via gambling.

/Tinfoilhat

4. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,020
    I have no clue where you got this number, but don't believe it, it's total nonsense! In a typical year, Mass Lottery revenues are distributed roughly as follows:

70% prize payouts
    20% local aid to cities and towns
    10% operating expenses for the lottery

(Not that I'm recommending buying lottery tickets, which isn't a good idea in principle. Just trying to stop a wild urban legend.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. FrodoBagginz

FrodoBagginz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,708
    Match any of your numbers to any winning number, win prize shown. Get a Wes Welker "[​IMG] " symbol and win NOTHING.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. dafoe2016

dafoe2016 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +655
    As all government lotteries are it is yet another tax on the poor and the stupid. I read once the best explanation of lottery odds I have ever seen. It was regarding the Powerball, I think. Envelopes are placed edge to edge around the entire border of America, twice, and one of those envelopes contains a dollar bill. You can drive around and pick any envelope, just one. Your odds of picking the envelope with the dollar bill are about the same as winning the lottery.

Powerball odds are 1 in 292,201,338. What these government sanctioned schemes have going for them is that the human brain is terrible at grasping numbers of that magnitude. Your chances of winning anything significant from any of these scams is almost indistinguishable from zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,315
    Anyone who has ever worked at a gas station can tell you this sad story. A story about a guy who comes in and spends 100 dollars on scratch tickets. He wins 75 bucks back. He buys again and wins back 60 bucks. He continues this and in 10-15 minutes he lost the whole hundred and then comes in a few days later. And this repeats over and over and over. Sometimes I just wanted to scream "you lost it all last time, and the time before that, and the time before that. Just put the money back in your wallet or burn it to save time".

Of course he eventually wins that 100 dollar ticket or maybe a 600 dollar ticket as well. Just enough cheese to keep him coming back and from quitting all together.

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Well I bought a Powerball ticket. I'll buy everyone here a ticket to the home opener if I win:)

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,291
    This advertisement brought to you by "Draft Kings"... now to late breaking news," Roger Goodell once again speaks out about sports gambling particularly as Oakland moves to Las Vegas............ blah, blah, blah"

10. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,961
    The Mass Lottery's first foray into football came a very long time ago, in the 70's I believe. They came out with a football themed scratch ticket that had three games on it but you could only scratch one of the games in order to win. If the top prize was in one of the games that you didn't scratch then nobody won. That was their way of getting around the law that demanded that a certain % of the tickets had to be winners.

11. dafoe2016

dafoe2016 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +655
    Wow. Now that's sleazy. Goodell would be proud.