PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally, I dont have an issue with GB but honestly **** them and their hickster town for throwing Bennett under the bus with that failure to disclose ********.

Hope Marty can stay healthy enough to get another ring this year.

I won’t claim to know what’s going on with Bennett, but I do know that it’s hilarious to watch Packers fans go back and forth between claiming that he hid an injury to get paid and faked an injury to get released.

Marty Ice apparently got trotted out of the freezer pretty fast

Also for anyone who may need the surgery.

Practice wiping your ass with the opposite hand before the day comes - you've been warned.

Same thing with Carpal Tunnel surgery. Been there, done that. Not pretty. Lol.

For Marty to say that Bill," knows how to talk to him" was facinating.

Bill's ability to talk to, relate and get through to players is vastly underrated.

Here is Marty. Shoulder in pain. Has more money than God. On the verge of retirement. Taking his kids to school. Walking his his dog. Talking to Netflix. Has his whole life ahead of him. Bill calls and the next thing he knows he's in Foxboro.

That my friends is the power of persuasion.

Bill's ability to talk to, relate and get through to players is vastly underrated.

Here is Marty. Shoulder in pain. Has more money than God. On the verge of retirement. Taking his kids to school. Walking his his dog. Talking to Netflix. Has his whole life ahead of him. Bill calls and the next thing he knows he's in Foxboro.

It is also the ultimate counter point to everyone calling BB a cold, unemotional jerk. The team moved on from Bennett in the offseason without really pursuing him but it was done on such a professional level that there was no bad blood to the point where he is playing through a tough injury for the same team just half a year later. Yes, winning makes a difference and I am under no illusion that he does this as a courtesy to the organization but as you said.. he already has his ring, a lot of money and a sidegig outside football. He didnt need this.

I assume that while our front office is pretty ruthless in terms of roster building they are also forthcoming with players about their plans and rarely (if ever) mislead them outside of the usual dance that are contract negotiations.

It is also the ultimate counter point to everyone calling BB a cold, unemotional jerk. The team moved on from Bennett in the offseason without really pursuing him but it was done on such a professional level that there was no bad blood to the point where he is playing through a tough injury for the same team just half a year later. Yes, winning makes a difference and I am under no illusion that he does this as a courtesy to the organization but as you said.. he already has his ring, a lot of money and a sidegig outside football. He didnt need this.

I assume that while our front office is pretty ruthless in terms of roster building they are also forthcoming with players about their plans and rarely (if ever) mislead them outside of the usual dance that are contract negotiations.
Yep. Certainly winning and getting calls from TB12 helps but if Bill was a complete jerk I suspect Marty would have stayed home.

I think with Bill there is no BS and everything is above board.. He may be shrewd and cut throat but he's up front with the players . I suspect that is how he was with Chris Long as well. He knew Chris wanted something different than what he had here so they moved on and Chris knew it. Same thing with Marty.

This is why I've long believed this to be true.

Players have never bad-mouthed Bill after they've left the team. This includes a litany of serial malcontents and vocal personalities. The closest we've gotten was Welker and even if you 100% put the blame on Belichick for everything that happened between the two, thats 1 ex-player in Belichick's 18 years with the Patriots.

Players have never bad-mouthed Bill after they've left the team. This includes a litany of serial malcontents and vocal personalities. The closest we've gotten was Welker and even if you 100% put the blame on Belichick for everything that happened between the two, thats 1 ex-player in Belichick's 18 years with the Patriots.

Yep. Even a guy like Randy Moss who was shipped out of town is ok with Bill.

Only other negative I recall an interview with Adalius Thomas in which he said, "Bill was always playing games with me" but I would not categorize that as a 'he screwed me over' as I don't know the full context.

Bill be like:

WCPO_Texas_dog_1503869460959_65042367_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Well I wouldn't say never, there have been a couple of players that left under dubious circumstances over the years. Mainly due to them not buying into the system. Brandon Merriweather, Jamie Collins wasn't too happy, Lawyer Milloy, Wes Welker, Randy Moss at first but then he realized what a mistake he made. I'm sure there are a few others I'm not thinking about.

But yeah, generally Bill tries to do the right thing for the veteran guys, releasing them early, telling them what's up from the get go, I think Marty realized he bet on the wrong horse. I would be willing to be he regretted the way the whole thing went down going to Greenbay for basically the same money when he could have stayed in New England. You see a lot of guys that like to win have that happen to them. Especially when Rogers went down for the season. I'm sure his motivation went to ****.

Persuasion, in a sense.

Marty: [being brainwashed over the phone] Yes, coach?
Bill: Is this Marty Bennett?
Marty: Yep.
Bill: Martellus Bennett?
Marty: Yes.
Bill: Martellus Demond Bennett?
Marty: ...yes.
Bill: ...Listen.

Manchurian_1.jpg

Persuasion, in a sense.

Marty: [being brainwashed over the phone] Yes, coach?
Bill: Is this Marty Bennett?
Marty: Yep.
Bill: Martellus Bennett?
Marty: Yes.
Bill: Martellus Demond Bennett?
Marty: ...yes.
Bill: ...Listen.

Manchurian_1.jpg
Yea persuasion is the wrong word.

A better word is trust and transparency.

Incredible how at every stop in his career Marty has had complications but for arguably the greatest head coach of all-time who also might be the shrewdest, most calculating and cut throat of them all he has no problems playing for.

...and here is Marty with a track record of causing issues and being a nonconformist and a bit of a headache, Bill is totally cool with him being on the team while other coaches are not.

Incredible.

Yea persuasion is the wrong word.

A better word is trust and transparency.

Incredible how at every stop in his career Marty has had complications but for arguably the greatest head coach of all-time who also might be the shrewdest, most calculating and cut throat of them all he has no problems playing for.

...and here is Marty with a track record of causing issues and being a nonconformist and a bit of a headache, Bill is totally cool with him being on the team while other coaches are not.

Incredible.

Just a little humor.

I actually agree completely with what you wrote (just forgot to check that on the post).

Just a little humor.

I actually agree completely with what you wrote (just forgot to check that on the post).

You were right, though. Bill didn't sell any snake oil to Marty. I'm sure he pitched him a little but it was based on things he can totally back up and things Marty has seen first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back