PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates
Source: the Packers have cut veteran TE Martellus Bennett. His time in Green Bay is over.

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates 1m1 minute ago
Replying to @FieldYates
The Packers cut Bennett with the failure to disclose a medical condition designation. We'll see what's next for the veteran TE.

Anyone know how bad this shoulder injury is? And if he hasn't completely checked out mentally and could play again soon (re)sign the beast? I'd take an amputee Bennett over Allen tbh

EDIT: Other threads already exist, you can delete this.

Last edited:
He was going in for evaluation on his shoulder, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s season ending but GB thinks they should get some of his bonus money back. There’s going to be more to this story, I assume.

If he's healthy, swap with Allen asap. At least he got the playbook correct.

What does that mean "failure to disclose a medical condition"? Does that mean he hid medical concerns from them, or deliberately withheld knowledge that he thought might dissuade them from signing him?

Anyway, he said this is his last season anyway, I'm guessing he just retires. I would be surprised if he goes to another team instead of just calling it quits.

He said he plans to retire after this year, so maybe he won't get the waiver wire attention we think. If this is injury based though, he may be done.

Who's the best QB he's ever played with again?

Since he's on the waiver wire, wouldn't we have 5% chance of signing him only if others in front of us pass on him?

Bennett was ruled out for this week.. Now to have this happen is huge..

The Failure to Disclose is big and could mean he has to repay signing bonus money.

Sign Marty, put Dwayne Allen in a rocket and shoot him to the moon.

I don't know how much it costs to put a rocket on the moon, but it is about 500 million to put a satellite into orbit. I say we just send him to the WNBA where nobody will ever hear from him again.

It would be amazing if we could get Bennet back and healthy for the stretch run when Gronk suffers his regularly scheduled season ending injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes