PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mariners sign cano lol

240m. wow, that's a lot of money.

one step forward signing ellsbury and one and a half steps back losing cano :D if im a yankmee fan I would rather have cano.

Actually, this is probably better for the Yankees. Cano is good, but 240M? Seems to me they were wise to avoid another albatross contract, given their "success" with ARoid, Teixeira, and Sabathia.

Thing is, the Mariners are ****** idiots. The only team I heard of that wanted his services were the Yankees, and they weren't willing to go much above 170M. So they up the bid by 70M? No wonder they habitually reside in the basement. Cano benefited from Yankee Stadium. We'll see how his power translates at Safeco.

That contract is miles beyond STUPID!!

OUT Cano IN Ellsbury, McCann. Can't fault the Yankees for a 2 for 1. 10 year contracts are just stupid. Still, it's great seeing the Yankees think they can buy championships again.

Actually, this is probably better for the Yankees. Cano is good, but 240M? Seems to me they were wise to avoid another albatross contract, given their "success" with ARoid, Teixeira, and Sabathia.

Thing is, the Mariners are ****** idiots. The only team I heard of that wanted his services were the Yankees, and they weren't willing to go much above 170M. So they up the bid by 70M? No wonder they habitually reside in the basement. Cano benefited from Yankee Stadium. We'll see how his power translates at Safeco.

What I don't understand is what they were thinking w/Cano v Ellsbury. Why only offer Cano 7/160 (rumored) or possibly 170 or as high as 175 when you're willing to go 153 on Ellsbury. Cano is a better hitter, much more reliable, came up with the team and has been a career Yankee.

I don't blame them for not doing 10 / 240, but the way they seem to have handled it seems odd.

btw, Cano's home / road #s are pretty similar.

Why did he pick such a talentless assclown hack for his agent :confused:

What I don't understand is what they were thinking w/Cano v Ellsbury. Why only offer Cano 7/160 (rumored) or possibly 170 or as high as 175 when you're willing to go 153 on Ellsbury. Cano is a better hitter, much more reliable, came up with the team and has been a career Yankee.

I don't blame them for not doing 10 / 240, but the way they seem to have handled it seems odd.

and cano plays almost every game and ellsbury has a history of injuries. the Yankees are a dysfunctional mess :rocker:

I heard the rumor that they were looking at his numbers and using David Wright as a point of comparison. It makes sense if you think of it that way. They just weren't going to offer the 10/240. My guess is they might have done a deal for 9/190 or something along those lines, but weren't going to give 10 years or much over 20M/year. As I've said, given ARoid and Teixeira's contracts, who can blame them? Infielders age a lot faster than outfielders.

I remember hearing that, but Safeco has a slightly longer right porch and lacks the favorable winds of Yankee Stadium.

I heard the rumor that they were looking at his numbers and using David Wright as a point of comparison. It makes sense if you think of it that way. They just weren't going to offer the 10/240. My guess is they might have done a deal for 9/190 or something along those lines, but weren't going to give 10 years or much over 20M/year. As I've said, given ARoid and Teixeira's contracts, who can blame them? Infielders age a lot faster than outfielders.

I remember hearing that, but Safeco has a slightly longer right porch and lacks the favorable winds of Yankee Stadium.

Oh, I don't disagree on either count. 10/240 is crazy. I just thought their supposed offer was a bit of a slap in the face given what they paid Jacoby.

And safeco could definitely hurt his #s -- I just don't think he was particularly helped by Yankee stadium (unlike Granderson, I think)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back