PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny Lawson or LenDale White

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If both are available who do you want us to take?

Who do we want Carolina to take?

No-brainer...... Lawson. It's not even debatable. Tougher question: Lawson or Deangelo Williams?

This is more likely: RB D Williams or LB Carpenter??

Now that is tough choice.

Maybe D Williams....

Feep_FLA said:
No-brainer...... Lawson. It's not even debatable. Tougher question: Lawson or Deangelo Williams?
Ditto.

IMO, unless the Pats manage to sign Lavaar Arrington in FA, the #1 pick should be either Lawson or Bobby Carpenter - nobody else (unless both are gone before then). If somehow Arrington is signed though, then an interesting question would be who do they take at 21. I'd say either Williams or Chad Jackson.

SNL said:
This is more likely: RB D Williams or LB Carpenter??

Now that is tough choice.

Maybe D Williams....
I agree that's a more likely choice (Lawson may be long gone by 21, and Lendell White doesn't appeal to me as much as Williams). I'd go with Carpenter - again unless they pick up Arrington in FA. Right now I'd think there's probably at least a 50% chance the Pats take Carpenter at 21. His working out with Vrabel likely boosts his appeal in BB's eyes quite a bit, I'd think. He could start at OLB early on in the season, and is someone who could move to ILB if desired.

Assuming no big FA signings to change things, right now I'm hoping for Carpenter in round 1 and Ryan LaCasse (DE/OLB tweener with great intangibles, 4.45-4.5 40 time, good size, etc.) in round 3 or 4 to solidify the LB spots for years. And a WR, and either RB or CB in rounds 2 and 3, with some OLmen on day 2.

Carpenter or Williams...... I can't decide. Tough call. Knowing how much BB covets defensive players I would say Carpenter. But Williams is a constant threat that puts a lot of pressure on opponents defense. Tough call. Carpenter I guess.

I'm not a fan of White. He is reported to have a poor work ethic and it was reported that last season he weighed as much as 258 lbs. Shows a lack of dedication.

Lawson may be a product of playing with Super Lazy Mario. Huge learning curve for him to overcome before he gets on the field for us.

Carpenter - lacks instinct, very hard to imagine him as a Patriot OLB.

It could come down to Williams or Greenway. Greenway has the instincts and versatility to play inside or outside. However the Dillion recent restructure, while baffling, tells me the Pats are committed to him for 2006.

I'm still hoping the Pats trade down and pick up a 5th day one pick.

I'm still hoping the Pats trade down and pick up a 5th day one pick.

Ditto, Ochmed..... All those picks I really believe their gonna try to get a nice low to middle second round pick. This is a bonanza defensive draft and we have the extra picks to take advantage of it. :rocker:

Ochmed Jones said:
Carpenter - lacks instinct, very hard to imagine him as a Patriot OLB.
Where are you getting that from? Most analyses I've seen of him don't say anything of the sort.

It could come down to Williams or Greenway. Greenway has the instincts and versatility to play inside or outside.
Greenway is pretty light for a BB LB. And weak, even for as light as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes