PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning lays another playoff egg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
...and gets bailed out because McNair played like a rookie, Billick coached like, well, Billick, and Ray Lewis knocks two more picks out of teammate's hands.

Nice holding call on Ogden. He'll probably get fined, too. :rolleyes:

And what was with blowing the pick/lateral dead?

I'll be up for tomorrow's game like it's the damn Superbowl.

Even for his usual standard in the playoffs, Manning is playing really badly. His defense, for once, is bailing him out huge.

Actually, the offense and the quarterback play has been pretty bad in the playoffs overall so far. Outside of Brady and Pennington, I can't think of a QB who has played well.

Watch, if the Pats do advance, he will pick next week to have his good game!

Even for his usual standard in the playoffs, Manning is playing really badly. His defense, for once, is bailing him out huge.

Actually, the offense and the quarterback play has been pretty bad in the playoffs overall so far. Outside of Brady and Pennington, I can't think of a QB who has played well.

Grossman hasn't thrown a pick yet. :D

I know right... :rolleyes: We will see... The pressure is getting to him... lol

Maybe, and maybe the Colts D returns to form:D

Really, Bob Sanders makes that much of a difference?

He is who we thought he was! He is who we thought he was! And they let him off the hook! If you're gonna crown him, then crown his ass!

Interesting game plan from Billick. I don't think I've ever seen someone work so hard to get the ball to an unathletic fullback since the Tommy Vardell days in Cleveland.

He is who we thought he was! He is who we thought he was! And they let him off the hook! If you're gonna crown him, then crown his ass!

Ok, Dennis Green, ok... Got it!!! lol :p

wasnt this the knock on the colts always ?? they dont have defense ? now they win inspite of manning playing badly in a playoff and all of us are calling out manning .it is actually a good sign for them and bad for everyone else ..
who would care if manning played badly and if the colts win the next 2 games ? no one.
i hate the colts as much as anyone but cant expect manning to be so bad week after week especially when he has the confidence of the defense now..

Maybe, and maybe the Colts D returns to form:D

Really, Bob Sanders makes that much of a difference?

If the Pats advance and the Colts stack eight in the box the way they have against two coaches who have no idea how to take what is given to them, they will get eaten alive by a coach who does.

I don't see how beating a team that is predicted to beat you is laying an egg. In the playoff stats just don't matter. It is about one thing and one thing only. The W.

who would care if manning played badly and if the colts win the next 2 games ? no one.

The chance of Manning getting past the Pats or Chargers is slim and none. The Colts just don't have the team balance you need to win and Manning's level of play goes down in the biggest games.

I don't see how beating a team that is predicted to beat you is laying an egg. In the playoff stats just don't matter. It is about one thing and one thing only. The W.

exactly..somehow we forget that when the colts win ..:)

wasnt this the knock on the colts always ?? they dont have defense ? now they win inspite of manning playing badly in a playoff and all of us are calling out manning .it is actually a good sign for them and bad for everyone else ..
i hate the colts as much as anyone but cant expect manning to be so bad week after week especially when he has the confidence of the defense now..

Really, you can't? In the playoffs, he's pretty consistently terrible, unless it's Denver. Up until now, he hasn't had the luxury of playing bad coaches or having his defense bail him out. He still deserves to be called out, because anyone could see against a competent team, the Colts would have gotten rolled. Had this been San Diego instead of Baltimore, it probably would have been 50-6 Chargers.

Rothleshamburger had a lousy Super Bowl last year but they still won the game. When the QB has a lousy game the other team has to take advantage of that. The Ravens and last year's Seahags couldn't do it.

Manning laid an egg individually. The Ravens offense picked him up for the win.:p

Last edited:

Pittsburgh won the Superbowl, but that doesn't mean that Roethlisberger wasn't HORRIBLE. Wins are the only thing that matters, but teams expect to win because of their star QB and not in spite of him.

That's all I'm saying.

I think that many posters are forgetting that the colts easily beat the #2 seed, the team rated by all as the #2 or #3 best team in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes