PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdw777 said:
any new news??

I'd bet that should he decide against going to the jets we'll hear about it pretty soon. If he wants it, we probably won't hear anything until the Jets finish interviewing the other prospects. Just guessing here!

I hope he doesn't take it for his sake and the Pats. The Pats need some consistancy in the staff and the Jets just aren't a good situation for any coach right now. They have a bad team, interfering management and a QB contraversy. Sound like fun to anyone?

I hope he stays but...

Why would he interview if he didnt want the job?

Im not really sure that BB thinks Mangini is ready.. If you read his quote yesterday from the conference call he doesnt praise mangini a whole lot:

Q: Can you talk about Eric Mangini and your friendship and if you think he is ready to be a head coach?
BB: Well, I think our friendship is very well documented. The rest of it is somebody else's decision. Not mine.

Where as last year when both Crennel and Weis looked to be head coaches I think i remember him saying how thye will be sucessful in this league. Just strange..

Chris

Jarvis Green was on channel 10 late last night and was asked about Mangini. He said that judging by his speech to the guys etc. HE got the impression that he was moving on. It was just his opinion but that's what he got from the tone.

Krugman said:

A whole mess of reasons. To keep his options open - potential coaches are also "interviewing" the organization during these interviews. To gain experience in process of becoming a HC. To raise his value with the Pats and maybe other teams.

Krugman said:
1- free lunch/dinner?
2- check out rival's organization or lack there of!
3- practice! not to mention you'd never turn down an invitation, if you want to get to the dance someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back