PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malik Magic? Cunningham Gets QB Reps at New England Patriots Practice While Mac Jones Watches - Pats Tracker

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
This would be the better/more productive tank strategy as the qb musical chairs approach with one qb who is officially broken and another unlikely to be considerably better wont teach us that much.

Try a new approach on offense with Malik. Might as well experiment , it honestly cant get worse than what the offense has provided outside of the buffalo and philly games

Horace's Ivories

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Now I'm interested - thank you.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
I would be shocked to see Malik Cunningham start next Sunday... But I wouldn't be disappointed. At least it would show that the coaching staff is still trying to find different ways to win. Let's face it Mac is COOKED in New England. Mac circa 2023 is even worse than Bledsoe in his waning 'leadfoot' days. And at least Bledsoe still always had that cannon arm regardless of his other faults. He was bigger, stronger, and tougher than Mac Jones ever was.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I would be shocked to see Malik Cunningham start next Sunday... But I wouldn't be disappointed. At least it would show that the coaching staff is still trying to find different ways to win. Let's face it Mac is COOKED in New England. Mac circa 2023 is even worse than Bledsoe in his waning 'leadfoot' days. And at least Bledsoe still always had that cannon arm regardless of his other faults. He was bigger, stronger, and tougher than Mac Jones ever was.
download.jpg

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Very much doubt Cunningham would start, supposedly he has not practiced at QB in several weeks. However, the fact that he is now practicing at QB, and as the second man up, shows maybe he gets some chances on Sunday and if it looks OK he could get more action that eventually leads to a start.

Wonder if Kraft finally gave Bill the OK to pull the plug on Mac. If Bill suddenly starts getting wins with Zappe and Cunningham I think that might vindicate Bill.

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
Very much doubt Cunningham would start, supposedly he has not practiced at QB in several weeks. However, the fact that he is now practicing at QB, and as the second man up, shows maybe he gets some chances on Sunday and if it looks OK he could get more action that eventually leads to a start.

Wonder if Kraft finally gave Bill the OK to pull the plug on Mac. If Bill suddenly starts getting wins with Zappe and Cunningham I think that might vindicate Bill.
Why are some of you so sure RK's making BB start Mac? Goes against everything that has happened over the last 20 years.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
Why are some of you so sure RK's making BB start Mac? Goes against everything that has happened over the last 20 years.
And that approach pissed off Tuna. Can't imagine Bill would appreciate it either.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Great game to start a jag at QB.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reactions
McCorkle needs a reset. He can do that preferably for some other team.
College Football Sport GIF by Louisville Cardinals

Dedhampatsfan

Practice Squad Player
Reactions
With any luck, by the second half of the next game, Malik is trotting out and playing qb.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions

If Kraft forced Belichick to start Mac, why would Kraft allow Belichick to bench Mac four times this year in games? Makes absolutely no sense. If Kraft forced Belichick to play Mac, he would have forbidden Belichick from benching him.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I can see them playing Cunningham since it is clear they don’t trust Zappe and have now given up on Jones. What else do they have left?

lancerman

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reactions
Because people still hate the idea that Belichick has been a dogshit evaluator and coach for awhile now and need to make up stories so they can reach a conclusion of "we still have the best coach in the league and once this one obstacle gets out of his way, we can return back to glory". That's obviously not happening.

Drunken Cicerone

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reactions
99% probability that Cunningham isn’t a good NFL QB but the other two guys have proven they’re not, so give it a whirl

Patriots News 3-3, Jackson Released, Salary Cap Grows 
Saturday Morning Notebook 3/2: News and Notes
Patriots Part Ways With CB J.C. Jackson
Friday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 3/1: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 2/29: News and Notes
Wasting Their Time? Bill Belichick’s Final Year Ends With a Poor Grade by NFLPA
Wednesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/28: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s 2024 Combine Press Conference 2/28
Tuesday Afternoon Patriots Notebook 2/27: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Director of Scouting Eliot Wolf’s Press Conference 2/27