PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make Monday Night Football Great Again

I actually might tune in to a game on TV as opposed to streams (so no ratings for the NFL or ESPN) to hear Belichick do the MNF commentary from inside a bugged room he thought he was alone in.

Oh God. You know how the NFL likes to overdo anything that people remotely seemed to like (see Skycam/Madden QB view). People like Romo as a commentator. What other former player could they find that likes the spotlight? Some hints for you. Giant forehead, causes me to not buy insurance from a certain company, is married to a women with an HGH addiction problem. You connect the dots.

People tell me BB might be looking for something to do.

I'm unsure as to who could replace what Gruden brought.
That one is easy. They are already paying Rex Ryan. He would seem to fit the bill

I'm surprised they haven't gone after Rex. He made a much better cartoon character than coach.

The problem with MNF is the quality of games, not the announcers.

Michaels is by far the best football announcer. I also liked Gus Johnson when he did games on CBS.

I like Gus Johnson. Al Michaels annoys me to no end.

When Monday Night Football was first introduced there were only three networks. No Sunday night football, no Thursday night football. College football on television consisted of two games on Saturday afternoon.

There is no making MNF 'great' again. It is now the equivalent of Thursday night football. Bad teams, bad matchups, the final act of five days worth of over saturation with the game of football.

A putrid network/organization with no ethics, saddled with a financially crippling contract that was signed due to arrogance superseding sound business decision making.

Let this presumptuous bloated institution choke in the vomit of their own self inflicted quick sand. Perhaps then somebody else will fill the void and create a viable sports network that relies on insightful analysis rather than hawt takez and gossip.

We can we Monday night football great again by:

1.) getting rid of Thursday night football
2.) getting rid of Sunday night football.
3.) moving Monday night football to a network, not a cable channel,

They could try using Dan Fouts. He seemed to do a good job in "Water Boy".......

th

Daniel Tosh is a rabid Dolphins fan who despises the Patriots.
Good God, and I’ve heard the bs about the Pats he’ll say on his show. No way in hell.

When Monday Night Football was first introduced there were only three networks. No Sunday night football, no Thursday night football. College football on television consisted of two games on Saturday afternoon.

There is no making MNF 'great' again. It is now the equivalent of Thursday night football. Bad teams, bad matchups, the final act of five days worth of over saturation with the game of football.

A putrid network/organization with no ethics, saddled with a financially crippling contract that was signed due to arrogance superseding sound business decision making.

Let this presumptuous bloated institution choke in the vomit of their own self inflicted quick sand. Perhaps then somebody else will fill the void and create a viable sports network that relies on insightful analysis rather than hawt takez and gossip.

I reckon Gruden could see the writing on the wall and his big colour commentator contract was going to come to an end so he jumped ship.

I actually think the Ryan brothers with a decent play by play guy would be awesome.

MNF hasnt been good in forever

feels like they sacrificed it for the success of SNF

i miss it......kind of like NBA on NBC with the awesome theme song

Gruden's departure is addition by subtraction, so that's a good start.

First as someone said, the games usually suck.
Why doesn't the NFL put some better games in that slot?

Infact all the stand alone games, Monday, Thursday, Sunday etc. Should be quality match-ups.

As far as replacing Gruden, I nominate Zolak.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back