PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Watch [Very Old Thread from 2022]

I watched him throw three (count 'em) interceptions.

None of them were on the receiver. Either Mac doesn't have it or Matty P needs to go.

Mac getting banged up early in the season, not good. Also, although I haven't seen any of the games, the INT's are really piling up, and mostly from bad throws. Hope he develops better technique as the season progresses (if he can stay on the field). If he is out for an extended period, would like to see what Zappe can do.

Mac getting banged up early in the season, not good. Also, although I haven't seen any of the games, the INT's are really piling up, and mostly from bad throws. Hope he develops better technique as the season progresses (if he can stay on the field). If he is out for an extended period, would like to see what Zappe can do.
This isn’t a technique thing. He’s literally just throwing the ball to the other team.

This isn’t a technique thing. He’s literally just throwing the ball to the other team.
Yup, people wanna blame play calling this and that. It’s not the receivers, it’s not the line, it’s Mac making horrible decisions.

None of them were on the receiver. Either Mac doesn't have it or Matty P needs to go.
I have seen enough, Mac was close to his ceiling last year. To win with Mac, you will need a talented and fast WR group like he had in Bama. He is too quick to panic and throw stupid balls. That has nothing to do with coaching. The coaches did not do him any favors last year as well. to date, he does not have a proper game winning drive. It is all on him. I keep saying we broke him with that ridiculous Bills game where he did not throw any meaningful passes. I will be surprise if some of the players don't have their doubts about him as well. Too bad for the injury. I hope he recovers, it does help him get some excuses in come the end of the year but for the first three games he has been really poor.
I am out of Mac's camp. Got to start looking for someone in next year's draft if Zappe is not it.

Last edited:

Look at it this way.

Andy Reid has called plenty of plays that blew up. Mahomes improvised and won.

Mac is not the guy. He got away with the Ravens not running back a pick 6 from the Pats goaline.

Look at it this way.

Andy Reid has called plenty of plays that blew up. Mahomes improvised and won.

Mac is not the guy. He got away with the Ravens not running back a pick 6 from the Pats goaline.

Look at it this way, clodhopper.

Your sister is very angry with you for not putting a magazine or at least some newspaper in the outhouse. Sticky butt does not agree with her.

There are other possibilities:

DON'T THROW INTERCEPTIONS

He doesn't need to make those throws

He had Damien Harris wide open in the flat on one of them.

Young QBs have multi-INT games until... they learn to stop throwing INTs.

Story of his season so far. Careless ints and not seeing wide open players.

Yup, people wanna blame play calling this and that. It’s not the receivers, it’s not the line, it’s Mac making horrible decisions.
It’s a bad offensive scheme and no OC, QB coach.

But a week ago wasn’t he told to run the play as scripted to the designated player? And now he’s not?

It’s a bad offensive scheme and no OC, QB coach.
He’s throwing it right to the defenders, say what you want about scheme im not arguing that. Defenders don’t even have to make a play on the ball, he’s literally gift wrapping it for them. And he’s had two easy ints that were flat out dropped this week and last week. He’s looked bad, he’s been bad.

Josh Allen wasn't the guy until he figured it out, why don't we give Mac some time to figure it out. Can't expect another QB to come in like TB and win the super bowl right off the bat.

He’s throwing it right to the defenders, say what you want about scheme im not arguing that. Defenders don’t even have to make a play on the ball, he’s literally gift wrapping it for them. And he’s had two easy ints that were flat out dropped this week and last week. He’s looked bad, he’s been bad.
And he didn’t do that last year. Intelligence is one big reason he was drafted. So what’s different? Yes, it’s a rhetorical question.

Josh Allen wasn't the guy until he figured it out, why don't we give Mac some time to figure it out. Can't expect another QB to come in like TB and win the super bowl right off the bat.
Plus, TB has a better cast of players and coaches in 2001.

And he didn’t do that last year. Intelligence is one big reason he was drafted. So what’s different? Yes, it’s a rhetorical question.
I don’t know what’s different, maybe teams have film on him? I don’t know what’s changed

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back