PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones appreciation thread

Mark Daniels article says Mac Jones has the 6th highest passing yards (1996) all time for a rookie at their 8 game mark (Luck 2404, Cam 2393, Burrow 2272, Herbert 2146, Dak 2020).

Not bad company to be in.

Mark Daniels article says Mac Jones has the 6th highest passing yards (1996) all time for a rookie at their 8 game mark (Luck 2404, Cam 2393, Burrow 2272, Herbert 2146, Dak 2020).

Not bad company to be in.
He's gonna be a stud.

Now all we need him to do is win a couple of SB's and impregnate a famous actress out of wedlock and we are right on schedule.

He's gonna be a stud.

Now all we need him to do is win a couple of SB's and impregnate a famous actress out of wedlock and we are right on schedule.
Wow, you really are a troll. lol. Out of wedlock? Its 2021 grandma

Wow, you really are a troll. lol. Out of wedlock? Its 2021 grandma
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Yeah sorry, but from you its not a joke.
Just because I think you're old and out of touch with reality doesn't mean you need to respond to my posts and tell me what I'm doing

Andrew Luck has the NFL rookie record for passing yards at 4374.

That would be something if Mac beats that record (even if it comes with the obvious asterisk). He is on pace for 4271 right now. Over his next 9 games he'll need to average 265 yards a game to beat the record and he's gone over that mark in 4 out of his 8 games.

Might be doable.

Andrew Luck has the NFL rookie record for passing yards at 4374.

That would be something if Mac beats that record (even if it comes with the obvious asterisk). He is on pace for 4271 right now. Over his next 9 games he'll need to average 265 yards a game to beat the record and he's gone over that mark in 4 out of his 8 games.

Might be doable.
Not sure he will get there. The better defenses are ahead, the time to stack the deck was when we were playing teams like the jets, cowboys etc. Jones has throws 265 yards or more 4 times out of 8 games .

Just because I think you're old and out of touch with reality doesn't mean you need to respond to my posts and tell me what I'm doing
Its more like in touch with reality, but to you, reality does not exist anymore. I hate to break the news to you, but you are the least posted to person I post to on this board. You are more of the class clown that I do not take serious, but I get to laugh at once in awhile.

Its more like in touch with reality, but to you, reality does not exist anymore. I hate to break the news to you, but you are the least posted to person I post to on this board. You are more of the class clown that I do not take serious, but I get to laugh at once in awhile.
Lol, coming from the person that's been called a troll by others. The future is now old man

Lol, coming from the person that's been called a troll by others. The future is now old man
Called a troll by others....lol. Go take a nap child.

Not sure he will get there. The better defenses are ahead, the time to stack the deck was when we were playing teams like the jets, cowboys etc. Jones has throws 265 yards or more 4 times out of 8 games .
This weekend will be a test. So will the Bills games. One of the best pass defenses in the league and we play them twice.

Also think the Pats will probably try to attack other teams on the ground more now that the OL is more stable. Harris if healthy might have a shot at 1200.

This weekend will be a test. So will the Bills games. One of the best pass defenses in the league and we play them twice.

Also think the Pats will probably try to attack other teams on the ground more now that the OL is more stable. Harris if healthy might have a shot at 1200.
Thats the other part. The pats at some point are going to go more run heavy than they have. I saw this before. Its just hard to average that when you are not really on a team that uses the pass as its main weapon.

Here is Trent Dilfer on Colin Cowherd's show talking up Mac last week.

Here is Trent Dilfer on Colin Cowherd's show talking up Mac last week.

Thanks for posting that.

I find it amazing that Dilfer still talks in generalities about skills. "His eyes are good", "he looks people off", "he manipulates with his eyes", "his feet are solid", etc. Dilfer calls Mac a "mid-ceiling" guy, so he makes up a new phrase. I always wonder why someone can't answer Cowherd's question. Cowherd comments that Mac is not making the cringe worthy plays and wonders why. Dilfer never answers him. Why can't ex-QBs that are professional commentators answer a question like Cowherd's? Dilfer answers with football-speak generalities. That makes me think that Dilfer really does not know. Dilfer says, "I called my ex-QB friends and they agree", again no explanation or detail. We get explanations like "scheme fit", "offensive genius", etc., no real detailed breakdown.

BB breaks down plays with Zo, and a lot of guys can break down plays in hindsight. But what does the Pats and Mac do in preparation to be successful? Does BB have three #2 receivers instead of a #1 to be able to exploit weaknesses from week to week? What are those typical weaknesses and what skills are needed to win in those situations? No one can ever give those details except breaking down plays in hindsight.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that.

I find it amazing that Dilfer still talks in generalities about skills. "His eyes are good", "he looks people off", "he manipulates with his eyes", "his feet are solid", etc. Dilfer calls Mac a "mid-ceiling" guy, so he makes up a new phrase. I always wonder why someone can't answer Cowherd's question. Cowherd comments that Mac is not making the cringe worthy plays and wonders why. Dilfer never answers him. Why can't ex-QBs that are professional commentators answer a question like Cowherd's? Dilfer answers with football-speak generalities. That makes me think that Dilfer really does not know. Dilfer says, "I called my ex-QB friends and they agree", again no explanation or detail. We get explanations like "scheme fit", "offensive genius", etc., no real detailed breakdown.

BB breaks down plays with Zo, and a lot of guys can break down plays in hindsight. But what does the Pats and Mac do in preparation to be successful? Does BB have three #2 receivers instead of a #1 to be able to exploit weaknesses from week to week? What are those typical weaknesses and what skills are needed to win in those situations? No one can ever give those details except breaking down plays in hindsight.

You gotta look at the audience. A lot of sports radio listeners especial national sports radio listeners don’t know the intricacies of the game. He goes into too much detail and he loses the audience.

He's gonna be a stud.

If he doesn’t have the nerve, tell him I’ll knock her up for him.

You gotta look at the audience. A lot of sports radio listeners especial national sports radio listeners don’t know the intricacies of the game. He goes into too much detail and he loses the audience.
Agreed.

But if a guy really understood it and could creatively present it, that guy would be a multi millionaire. Seems like that would be motivation for guys to try to do more than sputtering out old-time football-speak.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back