PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones 2021 Season Tracker: 3801 Yards, 22TD, 13INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys need to get on the same page. First, its...ok play it safe, throw short dumps....then its, hey stop throwing those short throws, lets gun, then when he starts turning it over, its bad, to...hey, lets throw it short and in control.
I don't remember anyone saying that taking it slow is acceptable for his career, maybe his first few games as he gets his feet under him, just like every other person who gets a new job takes it a little slow at first! Then as he makes progress more challenging tasks are taken on and more is expected of him.
All we are saying is it is time to let Mac go a little. I guess this thinking is a little too challenging for you who only seem to see things in black and white and this really doesn't fit into a pretty little box.
I haven't been on this board very long, but it is obvious that you are can't stand Mac Jones as your QB, but he is your QB, and if you are a real Patriots fan you need to put behind you whatever petty greivence you have against him and start rooting for him. Because if Mac does good, the Patriots will do good.

I don't remember anyone saying that taking it slow is acceptable for his career, maybe his first few games as he gets his feet under him, just like every other person who gets a new job takes it a little slow at first! Then as he makes progress more challenging tasks are taken on and more is expected of him.
All we are saying is it is time to let Mac go a little. I guess this thinking is a little too challenging for you who only seem to see things in black and white and this really doesn't fit into a pretty little box.
I haven't been on this board very long, but it is obvious that you are can't stand Mac Jones as your QB, but he is your QB, and if you are a real Patriots fan you need to put behind you whatever petty greivence you have against him and start rooting for him. Because if Mac does good, the Patriots will do good.
I begged the pats to draft jones. lol. There has never been a player on the pats that I hated. What I am is a realist, and I also think the pats coaches know more than you do about how to handle the QB. I mean you being on this board a long time does not make you smarter than them. Its funny though, when I say what Mac is, you take it as I am insulting him. No, I am saying what he is. He has 7 td's and 9 turnovers, its not an insult, that is what he has. The Pats are 2-4, thats not an insult, its what it is. He has played 6 games, he is playing like a Qb that has played 6 games, and he is being protected a bit, but again, they know more than you. So I guess they hate Mac Jones.

I will say this, if they listened to fan BS this team would have dropped out of the league. Maybe they know that just having Mac let it all go and start running and gunning will not turn out well. Maybe they know that because you know, they see him every day in practice, know where he is at this point, and you frekaing dont. get it?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
I begged the pats to draft jones. lol. There has never been a player on the pats that I hated. What I am is a realist, and I also think the pats coaches know more than you do about how to handle the QB. I mean you being on this board a long time does not make you smarter than them. Its funny though, when I say what Mac is, you take it as I am insulting him. No, I am saying what he is. He has 7 td's and 9 turnovers, its not an insult, that is what he has. The Pats are 2-4, thats not an insult, its what it is. He has played 6 games, he is playing like a Qb that has played 6 games, and he is being protected a bit, but again, they know more than you. So I guess they hate Mac Jones.

I will say this, if they listened to fan BS this team would have dropped out of the league. Maybe they know that just having Mac let it all go and start running and gunning will not turn out well. Maybe they know that because you know, they see him every day in practice, know where he is at this point, and you frekaing dont. get it?

For the record, do you think he's worse than Lawrence? Because I think he's just as exciting a prospect as Lawrence or Burrow....

I haven’t been on this particular board very long. But I have been here long enough to recognize your handle as someone who has nothing but negative things to say about Jones!
I don’t presume to know better than the coaches, but I’m also not a football fool. I am smart enough to watch a QB hitting his target in the 1st quarter and scratch my head when the coach quit letting him throw the ball for the next 2!
Letting him go doesn’t mean throwing 50-60 yards down field every play, just maybe passing more often than 3rd and long and more than 5 yards.

Every throw, Cowboys week6 in case I forgot to do so.

Mac Jones week7 throws against Jets.

Mac Jones through 7 games:
174 Comp, 247 Att,
1,777 Yards,
70.4 Comp %,
9 TD, 6 INT,
96.3 QB Rating

Rookie of the Year in my eyes

Mac Jones through 7 games:
174 Comp, 247 Att,
1,777 Yards,
70.4 Comp %,
9 TD, 6 INT,
96.3 QB Rating

Rookie of the Year in my eyes
Chase in CIN is playing really good, it’s between him and Mac up to this point.

Mac to Bourne for 46 yards.

Mac to Bourne for 75 yards.

Definitely. He's gotta be top 2/3. Chase is probably leading though, just had a 200 yard game today, and he's already approaching 800 yards. The pace is unbelievable.

Yeah, geez, Chase is looking fantastic, like the next Moss. His numbers are very, very rare for a WR. Hope this kid stays healthy. I don't want to jinx anything but the WR numbers he's putting up right now are.... on a hall path if him and Burrow stay healthy for a decade and play together.

I haven’t been on this particular board very long. But I have been here long enough to recognize your handle as someone who has nothing but negative things to say about Jones!
I don’t presume to know better than the coaches, but I’m also not a football fool. I am smart enough to watch a QB hitting his target in the 1st quarter and scratch my head when the coach quit letting him throw the ball for the next 2!
Letting him go doesn’t mean throwing 50-60 yards down field every play, just maybe passing more often than 3rd and long and more than 5 yards.

You will find that this forum is split into two camps - Patriots fans and Brady fans. The Brady fans are a group of about 10-15 posters who are upset with Belichick for letting Brady go. They trash Belichick and now are trashing Jones simply because he is not their Tommy.

Last edited:
You will find that this forum is split into two camps - Patriots fans and Brady fans. The Brady fans are a group of about 10-15 posters who are upset with Belichick for letting Brady go. They trash Belichick and now are trashing Jones simply because he is not their Tommy.
Way more than two camps. You have Pats fans who did not hate Brady after he left and still appreciate what he did for the team. Then you have Pats fans that hate Brady because he had the nerve to leave the Pats and still win. Then you have Pats fans who think Bill can do no wrong no matter what and get upset if anyone dare say he made a mistake somewhere, then we have trolls like you, then we have the high end Pats homers who think Bill can do no wrong that every player that comes to the pats will be all time greats and once they leave they were trash. A few others, but yeah way more than two.

Definitely. He's gotta be top 2/3. Chase is probably leading though, just had a 200 yard game today, and he's already approaching 800 yards. The pace is unbelievable.
Chase is running away with it. With that said, the league does like to give awards to QB's. Still a bit early though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes