PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M. Stovall for an Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsox

Rookie
Reaction score
With Charlie Weis' connection to the Pats, do you think since N.E. is in the need for a #2 reciever and with the TE loaded and Dillion really only having an injury riddled season, should Belichick be talking to his old buddy about Notre Dame's WR that entered the draft class since we need a tallie for jump balls and Keyshawn is too much, and too much of a hassle.
This would keep Deion around next year possibly since he'd be getting a #1's proffit in FA from the Pats.
Stovall would be coming out of a school whose coach was the Offensive Cordinator for the Pats is the head coach, so some shouldve rubbed off on him. Might make him a little heady of his other peers coming into the upcoming season.
Anyone think of better ideas on WR since this is a good possibility?

The only question worth asking is, who is the best wide receiver in the draft. I doubt Stovall fits that description. Maybe it's Moss, more likely Chad Jackson. I wouldn't be the least upset if he's the guy we chose at 21.

However...

I'd be even happier if choose Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter. If, when our turn comes around again and Stovall is still available and Weiss has given him his seal of approval, then okay.

I think Maurice Stovall would make an excellent pick for the Pats in the middle rounds. He already knows their offense so would fit in fairly easily.

Mainefan said:
The only question worth asking is, who is the best wide receiver in the draft. I doubt Stovall fits that description. Maybe it's Moss, more likely Chad Jackson. I wouldn't be the least upset if he's the guy we chose at 21.

However...

I'd be even happier if choose Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter. If, when our turn comes around again and Stovall is still available and Weiss has given him his seal of approval, then okay.
I agree with almost all of that. I think Chad Jackson is the best WR in the draft, and wouldn't mind if we took him at 21 - but Manny Lawson or Bobby Carpenter would be preferable. My main issue is that I'm not all that sold on Stovall, to think we should take him in round 2 if he's there - unless nobody else we like is on the board. Doesn't seem like there's that much of a dropoff between him and the round 3 WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back