PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT Can't Just Let It Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Still Talking... Geeeeez (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/05/12/tomlinson.fishing/index.html )

"That Patriots game still bothers me," says Tomlinson softly as he plays with the reel on his fishing pole. "Just the way we lost that game. It itches at me. I'm already thinking about our game against them this season but I want to see them in the playoffs. Even if we kick their butts during the season, I want to see them again in the playoffs. They're a championship team and we want to learn how to play in the playoffs like them. When you start to beat those types of teams, you know that you're a championship team."

Still Talking... Geeeeez (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/05/12/tomlinson.fishing/index.html )

"That Patriots game still bothers me," says Tomlinson softly as he plays with the reel on his fishing pole. "Just the way we lost that game. It itches at me. I'm already thinking about our game against them this season but I want to see them in the playoffs. Even if we kick their butts during the season, I want to see them again in the playoffs. They're a championship team and we want to learn how to play in the playoffs like them. When you start to beat those types of teams, you know that you're a championship team."

Mmm ... you think that Bruschi and Seymour and the gang aren't burned about the AFC Championship Game (not to mention Belichick and Pioli)? That's what competitive people are like!

Um, what's wrong with this. His team lost a game they could (and probably should) have won if not for boneheaded mistakes and play calling. His team didn't even win a playoff game. That has got to be a major letdown.

You can choose to read into it that he's talking about Hobbs dancing, but from what you quoted that is not directly referenced.

I'd feel differently if LT were still going on and on about the post game stuff, but here he's just talking like a highly competitive guy who wants to win. What's the problem with that? As another poster said, I would expect that our guys feel the same way after the Indy loss.

I'd feel differently if LT were still going on and on about the post game stuff, but here he's just talking like a highly competitive guy who wants to win. What's the problem with that? As another poster said, I would expect that our guys feel the same way after the Indy loss.

Look its already obvious what the chargers game plan is going to be, we are going to put 8 men in the box and LT will have less than 50 yards. They are going to "learn from their mistake" of not giving LT the ball when he was averaging 6 yards a carry so they will give it to him 30+ times and he will be no outside lanes and will be shut down

Pats 27 Chargers 7

WRITE IT DOWN!

Mmm ... you think that Bruschi and Seymour and the gang aren't burned about the AFC Championship Game (not to mention Belichick and Pioli)? That's what competitive people are like!

Yea, what he said!

Look its already obvious what the chargers game plan is going to be, we are going to put 8 men in the box and LT will have less than 50 yards. They are going to "learn from their mistake" of not giving LT the ball when he was averaging 6 yards a carry so they will give it to him 30+ times and he will be no outside lanes and will be shut down

Pats 27 Chargers 7

WRITE IT DOWN!

Tomlinson killed the Patriots outside the box off the edges especially at Banta Cains side of the defense. With all the LB's now I'd love to see the Patriots run the same defense they used against the Eagles in the Super Bowl to stop Westbrook. Speed to defend the edge is key against the Chargers. The Passing game wasn't and shouldn't be a huge concern. The offense goes through LT.

I find nothing wrong with what LT said. He wants to beat a championship type team. Every team will bring their "A" game againts the Patriots this year seeing that the media has has made us the favorites.

Having siad that, those teams will find a very different Patriots team this year versus the team that they played last year. SD has a very good team with some excellent players but they have a whole new coaching staff and that will take a while to get use to. They could even end up being a good team who does not make the playoffs.

Good for LT. That guy is one hell of a player and one great guy for that organization.

I dont think he meant that in any way to trash the Patriots but to kind of praise them at what a great team they are. His motivation and determination will pay off someday.

Um, what's wrong with this. His team lost a game they could (and probably should) have won if not for boneheaded mistakes and play calling. His team didn't even win a playoff game. That has got to be a major letdown.

You can choose to read into it that he's talking about Hobbs dancing, but from what you quoted that is not directly referenced.

Actually I agree - there's nothing that LT said here that smacks of his sour grapes comment about a team that would *gasp* celebrate after winning a hard fought game.

He's pumping himself up - just so long as he doesn't fault a team for celebrating - or fail to see the irony of the Patriots mocking Merriweather's dance (which he was doing during the game to celebrate just putting pressure on Brady)

If they really want to learn to play like champions, my advice is to abandon the dance entirely... and by all means, refrain from telling teams like the Patriots to act "like they've been there before"...

um - we have LT... three times in the last 6 years... you haven't, so keep your advice to yourself

But overall I say good for LT - he wants his team to prove it - on the field and in the playoffs... just as it should be... no sour grapes and even a little respect for the Pats.

I want to see them again in the playoffs. They're a championship team and we want to learn how to play in the playoffs like them. When you start to beat those types of teams, you know that you're a championship team.

Admirable quote, just what I'd want to hear from my best player.

I wonder how long it will take "Twice fired Norv Turner" to become "Thrice fired"?

I like the quote, I like his attitude, and of course he's great on the field.

However, I will not stop referring to him as "Lady Tom," after last postseason's dramathon.

PFnV

I totally agree. This is the Patriots attitude. I can see the same quote type of quote coming out of Bruschi's or Harrison's mouth. The loss stung LT and he wants to win the championship and he wants to win it going through the Pats.

I bet most of the guys who were on the team last year want to beat the Colts in the playoffs on their way to a Super Bowl victory and a Super Bowl win without beating the Colts on the way will still be great, but a little hollow.

I see nothing wrong with what Tomlinson said. I think it's a great compliment to the Patriots.

How long did it take Brady to forget that int to Bailey in the 05 Bronco playoff game? He was still burning about it in 06.

We don't want him to let go. The whole team needs to remember the loss so we can learn from it.

Cry me a River LT...

What? Saying this makes no sense. :confused:

Tomlinson is just saying what any good player with his head screwed on right would say. He was heated about loosing when he said the things he did last year, its time to let it go.

Actually I agree - there's nothing that LT said here that smacks of his sour grapes comment about a team that would *gasp* celebrate after winning a hard fought game.

He's pumping himself up - just so long as he doesn't fault a team for celebrating - or fail to see the irony of the Patriots mocking Merriweather's dance (which he was doing during the game to celebrate just putting pressure on Brady)

If they really want to learn to play like champions, my advice is to abandon the dance entirely... and by all means, refrain from telling teams like the Patriots to act "like they've been there before"...

um - we have LT... three times in the last 6 years... you haven't, so keep your advice to yourself

But overall I say good for LT - he wants his team to prove it - on the field and in the playoffs... just as it should be... no sour grapes and even a little respect for the Pats.

Don't you mean Merriman's dance? Meriweather had not even entered the league yet last year. :D

As for this quote, from how I read it, it just sounds like LT wants to beat us because he thinks that we are a good team. And even if his team beats us in the regular season, he realizes NOW that it don't mean a thing until the Chargers can also beat us in the postseason which is where the experience edge really showed last year. I'd take LT on my team any day. His comments after the AFCCG game were not "classy" but it looks to me like he is over it now. The focus of his concern here is not the "dance" but beating the Pats who he sees as a real rival/threat now.

Good for LT. That guy is one hell of a player and one great guy for that organization.

I dont think he meant that in any way to trash the Patriots but to kind of praise them at what a great team they are. His motivation and determination will pay off someday.

That's how I read it. He actually complimented the team. But still, if they couldn't beat us last year, they sure as hell aren't going to beat us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes