PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

looks like the Jets got only 1 4th for Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
To me, this hurts the Pats. One of the best advantages the Pats have had over the last few years is coaching. between Wandstead, and herm, and Mularcky, it was always comical seeing what the AFC east had rooming the sidelines. Now Wandstead is gone, and Herm, and Mularcky, who knows with Levy taking over.

I think the Jets did well, by getting anything for him, lets hope they replace him with a Norv Turner type, instead of a Saban type.

KC, overspending again.

The jesters should have had to give a pick to the Chiefs to take him :D

It likely hurts us although it looks like a long road back for the jesters with their cap situation and best players aging (or hurt, Pennington).

Peter Pat said:
To me, this hurts the Pats. One of the best advantages the Pats have had over the last few years is coaching. between Wandstead, and herm, and Mularcky, it was always comical seeing what the AFC east had rooming the sidelines. Now Wandstead is gone, and Herm, and Mularcky, who knows with Levy taking over.

I think the Jets did well, by getting anything for him, lets hope they replace him with a Norv Turner type, instead of a Saban type.

Why does it hurt us? We have the best coach in football, IMHO. I have confidence that BB can coach against anybody. This doesn't concern me in the least. If anything, Herm may be going to a better situation.

DefenseRules said:
Why does it hurt us? We have the best coach in football, IMHO. I have confidence that BB can coach against anybody.
No doubt. But just like we had more of an advantage with Belichick vs. Wannstadt than we do with Belichick vs. Saban, the Belichick vs. Herm advantage was probably bigger than what we'll end up with.

As long as Bradway is the GM, then I will not be worrying about what the Jets do. They still have Pennington as their QB and they haven't found an adequate back-up for Martin, though Houston could be. Also, they haven't resolved the issue with Abraham and they are in some serious cap trouble for next season.

I'm surprised KC gave up anything given that Herm leaving for whatever reason was just about guaranteed at this point.

Hopefully he'll take Donnie Henderson with him (or he'll get the Saints job).

I think Herm will do well in KC just because Vermeil did well and they both have similar attitudes. I do believe the Jets were lucky to get anything for him considering he basically lost the team midseason.

I think this may be another step to make the AFCeast a tougher division than this year though. Saban is turning the Dolphins around to being only one game out of playoff contention with lousy personnel. Given another year with bringing in his type of players, I think the Patriots will have a real dogfight on their hands for the division. If the Jets can bring in a coach that can get the job done, and get rid of fragile Pennington for a real QB; then they'll be alot better than their whipping boy status this year.

Warhorse said:
I think Herm will do well in KC just because Vermeil did well and they both have similar attitudes.
Not sure I'd say Vermeil did well. Did he ever advance in the playoffs ? Not more than 1 round that I remember and usually not even that.

Warhorse said:
If the Jets can bring in a coach that can get the job done, and get rid of fragile Pennington for a real QB; then they'll be alot better than their whipping boy status this year.

How are they going to get rid of Pennington? They signed him to a franchise QB contract. I think there is a huge dead money cap hit associated with cutting him and an even worse cap hit associated with keeping him.

Warhorse said:
I think Herm will do well in KC just because Vermeil did well and they both have similar attitudes. I do believe the Jets were lucky to get anything for him considering he basically lost the team midseason.

I think this may be another step to make the AFCeast a tougher division than this year though. Saban is turning the Dolphins around to being only one game out of playoff contention with lousy personnel. Given another year with bringing in his type of players, I think the Patriots will have a real dogfight on their hands for the division. If the Jets can bring in a coach that can get the job done, and get rid of fragile Pennington for a real QB; then they'll be alot better than their whipping boy status this year.

I would think you'd want the AFC East to be tougher than it was this year. Doesn't hurt to push the Patriots. I also don't like hearing stuff like AFC Least.

hwc - I know there would be a giant issue with his cap figure. I just can't see how he'll ever be any good in NY. To me he's one of those QBs that could go to a less stressful city and be a great QB. I thought it was stupid to sign Pennington to that contract when he's never had a full season under his belt. If they could trade him, they should. Get something for him and draft players. Same with John Abraham. I don't think either player is worth the headache.

Before the East gets any better, I want the AFC South to get better. Tennessee will turn it around, but Houston has been abysmal.

Last edited:
I don't see why KC or any other team would go so ga-ga over Herm. Sure he's well liked and respected by his team but on Sundays he'd check his football 'sense' in at the locker room door and pick it up on the way out after the post game wrap up. Don't teams check over tapes of games of perspective head coaching replacements?

I must say, being a life long Pats fan living in NJ the past 25 years, I've constantly been amused by the Jets curious manner of doing business and their relatively poor coaching choices. (Bill Parcells the only exception and even he left them hangin'!)

Well good luck KC fans! It's only a matter of time before you start scratching your collective heads wondering just what the HELL Herm was thinking on THAT particluar play. I know I have. If any team is ready to head (coach) in a different direction it SHOULD be the Jets.

A) The Chiefs giving up a 4th is overpaying by a 4th.
B) The Jets got better because they will have a new coach, and he will very likely be better than Herm. But, the Jets track record says he wont be very good anyway.
C) Neither of these teams will make the playoffs in the next 3 years.

AndyJohnson said:
B) The Jets got better because they will have a new coach, and he will very likely be better than Herm. But, the Jets track record says he wont be very good anyway.
Rumor is they're hot on Haslett... one of the few coaches with a worse record than Herm this year. :rofl:

Yuck, Haslett. He's one of those coaches that should have stayed a coordinator. He did as well as one could expect in New Orleans though. He even made it to the playoffs, and that's saying something with that skinflint of an owner.

Tice, Tice, Tice, Tice, Tice, Tice.....bring him home to NY.

Penny costs the Jets $12M plus a $3M signing bonus to keep. If they cut him early, they only have to pay the $12M. Of course they'd need to have a starting QB. They should restructure or cut him.

If your a Chiefs fan are you pumped to have Herman Edwards as your new coach ?

This guy has the reputation, deservedly so, for being the worst game time manager in the NFL. He has made so many game time management blunders there hard to count.

Then again the yahoos out in KC never have anything bad to say about anybody.

mcdonut16 said:
If your a Chiefs fan are you pumped to have Herman Edwards as your new coach ?

This guy has the reputation, deservedly so, for being the worst game time manager in the NFL. He has made so many game time management blunders there hard to count.

Then again the yahoos out in KC never have anything bad to say about anybody.
I plan on giving my die-hard Cheifs fanatic Uncle in KC a call tonight. I was planning on just laughing at him, but I guess first I'll get his honest reaction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes