SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

long running script

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Horace's Ivories, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Horace's Ivories

Horace's Ivories PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +1,471
    Hi Ian -

Ive been getting "not responding due to long running script" for about 2-3 days now.

no problems with other sites - I use IE

thx
    Andrew

2. jemmer

jemmer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +110
    I am having the same issue.

I doubt it's Patsfans.com directly, so possibly some advertiser has a screwed up script??

3. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +503
    Me too, using IE10. I think it is either the Twitter feed or the headline bar.

4. southieinnc

southieinnc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. I have complained but no solution so far. If we are wanted here, they will fix it. They know what it is.

5. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +8,436
    Unfortunately "They" - ie: me - hasn't been able to pinpoint it and right now it seems to be exclusively an IE thing that started recently. I'm not purposely ignoring this. I'm also on vacation so it's a little tougher having gotten the report the night we were packing to leave.

I use Chrome and it doesn't occur with that nor Firefox, or even Safari. But IE hangs forever for some odd reason and this just started happening recently. I haven't changed anything in months, so I don't understand why there's suddenly an issue and I haven't been able to see exactly what the hang up is.

I'm actually on vacation until next week and have limited access so I'll have to wait until I get back to troubleshoot it further. But I am aware of it and will make sure it's resolved.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,532
    I tried using a few different browsers (Safari, Google Chrome) and the final portion to load regardless is that box where the tweets of Pats beat writers is. What's odd is that you would think an ad would cause the problem rather than that listing.

IE was definitely by far the worst, while Chrome seemed to handle it the best, virtually non-existent.

7. Ian

Ratings:
    +8,436
    So far here's what I've found:

1) It's not the ads (the site loads slow on IE even in ad free mode). Have limited ability where I am but that's what I've noticed so far.

2) Also not the Twitter feed (which only shows up on VIP enabled members). That seems to load after everything else runs and removing it didn't change the issue.

3) No issues in either Chrome or Firefox. Both load extremely fast, so there's something somewhere conflicting with IE that's delaying it and is causing the issue. They must have run an update recently because I hadn't experienced any previous issues having tested it on Chrome, FireFox, IE, snd Safari last season when I made the template change. The annoying thing is the "stop script" button pops up but doesn't say which one it is, which would certainly make it easier to narrow down.

Again, don't have the resources here to really check it further at the hotel with my netbook, I really need my actual PC for this. Needless to say that unfortunately it will have to wait until I get back. One thing I will say is that I used to be a huge IE guy but after trying Chrome (because IE used to freeze when I had too many tabs open) it's so much faster and reliable I haven't gone back. But when I get back I'll break it down and figure out where the issue lies. So hang with me for a bit longer.

8. Ian

Ratings:
    +8,436
    Just found one tag related to Facebook that I've disabled that seems to have sped things up. Let me know if it's at least running a little faster on your end to see if that hopefully made a difference until I can look a little deeper :)

9. Horace's Ivories

Horace's Ivories PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +1,471
    looks like its fixed on my IE at least - thanks for checking into it Ian

10. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,532
    Considering that I have been able to keep up with the entertainment known as the train-wreck, theatre-of-the-absurd comedies also known as the Tebow, Blount, Edelman thread and The Importance to Belichick of QB2 threads without a problem, I would say everything is okay for right now.

:wave:

11. jemmer

jemmer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +110
    The problem seems to have been fixed as far as I can tell. Performance now appears normal. I am running IE9, BTW.

Thanks!