PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL at the Colts [New Banner]

Disagree completely

19-0 would have been better

But there has never been a perfect 16-0 reg season, that’s not something to just discard

Exactly.

There have been 52 AFC Finalists.

Just one 16-0 season. That’s probably the only time there ever will be one.

The 16-0 banner isn’t lame at all. At first I didn’t like it. Now I think it should have never come down.

16-0 is so hard to accomplish and is absolutely something to remember and celebrate.

I see your point. A SB winner is crowned once a year. A perfect regular season happens once every 30 or 40 years. If that. It's remarkable what they did. But it didn't have the fairy tale ending. Oh well. That's life.

Had SB 49 (Or SB 51) not happen, that SB 42 game would hurt more. But I think it'll be a footnote in Brady's career. It won't be a footnote on other players career. Ellis Hobbs will always be known as the guy who got beat on the game winning TD. Samuel will be remembered for the drop ( Though it wasn't an easy pick). Harrison will always be the guy trying to rip the ball out of Tyrees helmet. Similar to Welker. When I think of Welker as a Pat, I think of SB 46. I also think of the AFCCG the next season. But that's offtopic.

In a nutshell, I see your point.

Disagree completely

19-0 would have been better

But there has never been a perfect 16-0 reg season, that’s not something to just discard
I hated the 16-0 banner because of the way that year ended. Absolute, actual crying (by me) heartache is not something to relive, in my opinion, and the banner was just an unwanted reminder that we fell short (same with the Colts; I don't know why they aren't embarrassed to have those lame-ass banners). I was glad when they took it down and replaced it with another awesome Super Bowl banner. I would be okay with the 16-0 banner in the Hall. Is that where it is now?

W all these suck ideas, I want to know what idea they said no to?

Like what idea did someone throw out, got canned & the brain trust was like ... Ya know what, let's throw up a 1-0 banner instead.

Can't believe they're still doing this stupid sh it.

Talking heads on radio said that Colts players are wearing T shirts with 1-0 on them. It's one game at a time, game day ....one win at a time......there will be no 2-0 ...It will always be 1-0.....Kinda like the Pats...Do Your Job....( and at the end of every game day you'll be 1-0) :cool:

My thing about this is that this is not a new mentality. Most champions iirc take their season a game at a time. I think its one thing to adopt that mentality but its another thing to publically advertise the fact that you're taking that mentality in hand. It comes off as attention seeking and frankly desperate.

Besides, its not like Reich has any rings. He's obviously a person who takes that mentality throughout his career; but he has nothing to show for it. He's missing something in his philosophy. It takes a lot more to win a championship than simply isolating games week-to-week.

Sean Payton brings the Lombardi trophy and $250k to his team, to show them what's at stake.

Why did Sean Payton roll out $201K in cash, Lombardi Trophy to Saints? For 'vision'

The Colts put up a "Hey, we won a playoff game!" flag.
Facepalm.gif
Well Irsay couldn’t bring in his hookers and blow. He’s not going to be sharing them with the whole locker room.

The Indiots deserve themselves a trip to Foxborough. I’ll be cheering them on tomorrow

did you see the "in the grasp" call tonight, Andy? THAT was a SHADOW of the in the grasp NOT called in Super Bowl XLII. Finishing the job would definitely have been accomplished if not for Carey deciding to put the flag back in his pocket. THAT will always be the question that remains unanswered until Carey answers why.

Not for the 2007 Patriots.

Winnng a Sb is accomplishing a goal. 16-0 is not unless you finish the job.
obviously the goal is to win the sb, but theres only one team that achieved a perfect 16 reg season games. of course they’re not going to say our goal this year is to go 16-0, but if it happens it happens

Wouldn’t 0-0 be the correct flag if they’re going for the one game at s time mantra?

Wouldn’t 0-0 be the correct flag if they’re going for the one game at s time mantra?

Personally I think the correct flag/banner would be...

indy brady banner.jpg

Some guy in southie will probably be making a few bucks off 1-1 shirts

"1-0" comes from the saying "we want to go 1-0 on Sunday", which is a favorite of Reich.

"1-0" thus means

"However we got here, whatever happened in the past, doesn't matter. The goal is to win the next game. That's all. One game at a time. 1-0 on Sunday"

The 1-0 flag was not celebrating a win, it was urging the team to win the next one. Looking forward, not backward.

I despise the Colts and this campaign was silly because they didn't explain what they were saying or make it clearer, maybe saying "Now, Let's Go 1-0".

The Colts did a pi$$ poor job explaining what it meant, but it is precisely aimed at the one game at a time theme.

Why do some Pats fans get on mocking other teams? When the biggest mock of all time should be the Patriots owner copyrighting 19-0..

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back