PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL at Sean Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, I know, I live in the New Orleans area. They are still belly aching about the NFCCG last year. Maybe it was a bad no call. However, they should focus their angst where it REALLY belongs, and where they REALLY lost that game last year against the Rams. The blame goes SQUARELY on Sean Payton, and that "stats whore" they have under center, Drew Brees. Three times, I believe, in the first quarter they got into the red zone, and came away with 2 FG's. Right before half, they were up 13-3, and gave up a TD with 10 seconds left in the first half, to cut the lead to 13-10. I said at that point, I would not be surprised to see the RAMS win this in the end. Now getting to the penalty (non penalty) they have been whining about. They had about 1:40 ? left in the game. As Colin Cowherd said, at that point, on the 22 yard line (or wherever they were), you are now playing the CLOCK, not the Rams. You are past the 2 minute warning, and the Rams only had two time outs. RUN THE DAMN BALL, force them to use the TO's. Get it down to about 20-25 seconds and kick the FG, if you don't get a first down. Instead, they try to pass, and get the clock stopped. Basically it gave the Rams a free time out, and the chance to drive down the field and get a tying FG for OT. Then, in OT, their "all world" QB, 18 year vet, makes a rookie mistake on 3rd down, and swings the ball in the air under pressure, and throws a pick at mid field. Rams march down get the winning FG on OT. I guarantee you had TB12 been the QB in that situation, he would have marched them down for a winning TD (see the AFCCG, later that day). But, as I have tried to mention this to them, they simply can not accept it. I have found it to be an exercise in utter futility, so I have just quit altogether. They simply will NEVER put the blame where it SQUARELY BELONGS, on Sean Payton, and that stats whore QB, whom they idolize.

Preach on brother.

I am not exaggerating when I say Brees is firmly planted in P. Manning territory but in some ways worse. He faces zero criticism from mainstream or national press for his failures. He looks superhuman while annihilating teams in the regular season and even shows off doing it. When the postseason starts, you can see a visible change in his facial expression and attitude. The guy is like a scared little boy out there. He misses easy passes. He fails to make the same plays that Brady makes to put games away, but I think there are about 15 QBs that would have won at least one ring with the Saints over the past three seasons. He doesn’t need to be Brady...just decent...with all those weapons and a great offensive line.

I cannot believe how he avoids the same criticism as Rodgers when he has to do much less and has much more to work with. He his basically handed touchdowns and huge gains by scheme/talent alone. He is handed completion percentages over 70% with such easy dump offs. As soon as the going gets tough, he reveals himself to be the ultimate front runner and dare I say real “system QB” in its negative sense. That is, if the coaches and supporting cast can’t completely embarrass a defense, he is exposed as a phony.

The celebrations and 29/30 hot dogging, to me, is one of the more nauseating things in sports. What a phony, staged sht show of an event designed to jam him down our throats and trick us into believing we’re seeing greatness. The guy is not a top-10 all time QB and probably not top 15. He’s a front running stat padder who is so over protected and over coddled that it’s gotten to the point of absurdity.

Preach on brother.

I am not exaggerating when I say Brees is firmly planted in P. Manning territory but in some ways worse. He faces zero criticism from mainstream or national press for his failures. He looks superhuman while annihilating teams in the regular season and even shows off doing it. When the postseason starts, you can see a visible change in his facial expression and attitude. The guy is like a scared little boy out there. He misses easy passes. He fails to make the same plays that Brady makes to put games away, but I think there are about 15 QBs that would have won at least one ring with the Saints over the past three seasons. He doesn’t need to be Brady...just decent...with all those weapons and a great offensive line.

I cannot believe how he avoids the same criticism as Rodgers when he has to do much less and has much more to work with. He his basically handed touchdowns and huge gains by scheme/talent alone. He is handed completion percentages over 70% with such easy dump offs. As soon as the going gets tough, he reveals himself to be the ultimate front runner and dare I say real “system QB” in its negative sense. That is, if the coaches and supporting cast can’t completely embarrass a defense, he is exposed as a phony.

The celebrations and 29/30 hot dogging, to me, is one of the more nauseating things in sports. What a phony, staged sht show of an event designed to jam him down our throats and trick us into believing we’re seeing greatness. The guy is not a top-10 all time QB and probably not top 15. He’s a front running stat padder who is so over protected and over coddled that it’s gotten to the point of absurdity.

Great points, as I have mentioned to them, just imagine Drew Brees losing Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, their TE (Brooks, I believe), and Taysom Hill, ALL IN THE SAME SEASON !!! Well, that is about what TB12 lost this year from the season opener in September till now. Let Brees lose all that weaponry, not to mention, have your offensive line be nothing more than glorified subway turnstiles like this one was, and lets see how Drew Brees and the Saints fare. My guess is they would be about a 5-11 team. Imagine what TB12 could do, if at any point he had weapons like that sorrounding him. TB12 has done way more with way less than any other QB I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes