SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Logan

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Nikolai, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,940
    ---
    ***NO SPOILERS***

So, I saw this tonight, and wow. I should preface this with the fact that I only saw two prior movies from the X-Men franchise; the very first and the first sequel. The rest of them looked pretty bad, and from what I hear, I didn't miss much.

The marketing hooked me because it really didn't look like it was going to be the usual. It definitely earns its R-rating, being pretty graphic in its violence. The guy fights by slicing people with adamantium blades, so it's going to be messy. I don't think it's a movie to take your kids to unless they're used to R-rated movies.

My personal opinion is that the first three quarters of the movie are outstanding, and while I didn't love the last act as much as the rest of the movie, it wasn't bad at all.

Go see it, even if you're not a comic book movie person. I'm not, and I enjoyed it for the great story, great acting, and strong filmmaking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49,797
    ---
    I heard it was as gory as hell and they really let loose with his claws. Literally every single review has been awesome.

3. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,940
    ---
    Very much so. It wasn't Saving Private Ryan gory, but it definitely showed how truly terrifying and horrible a dude with 15" adamantium claws would be...a goddamned mess everywhere he went. :eek:

Yeah, I'm surprised so few people I work with have seen it. Those that did loved it. I think the word of mouth is going to carry this film in a way it carried Deadpool, which is interesting because Logan is the flipped image of Deadpool. Marvel is killing it with both the X-Men and Avengers franchises, and DC can't get out of their own way on something as promising as Suicide Squad...

...still salty about that one.

4. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,462
    ---
    Looking forward to it. It's about time they did a R-rated Wolverine film. His first 2 solo films weren't that great.

As to the comment about Marvel killing it with X-Men and Avengers, Marvel doesn't own the film rights to X-Men characters. The X-Men, Wolverine, and Deadpool films are done by Fox, not Marvel. A while back when Marvel was in bad financial shape they sold the rights to X-Men to Fox and Spider-man to Sony. Last year Sony let Marvel use Spider-man in a some sort of joint deal as they had basically f'd up the Spider-man franchise.

I thought Batman v Superman was decent, and the Ultimate version on blue-ray was really good. They added about 1/2 hr to the film and it made a lot more sense. Too bad the studio made the director chop the theater release. Affleck is a great Batman. Suicide Squad was ok, but a bit of a mess. I'm hoping they get Wonder Woman and Justice League right. The Batman solo film should be good as Affleck is co-writer and the guy who directed the last Planet of the Apes movie is directing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,204
    ---
    I went to see this last week. I was pleasantly surprised. it was very good.

6. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,462
    ---
    Saw it today. They got Wolverine right. Probably the best X-Men movie and right up there with the Spider-Man 2 and Capt America Winter Soldier as the best Marvel based character movie. Not quite in the same league as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight though.

The movie actually reminded me more of a Western then a comic book movie. Unforgiven meets the X-Men. For all the blood and gore it's at heart a redemption tale. The Wolverine finally feels human.

8.5/10

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +8,940
    ---
    Sounds a lot like how Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut changed the movie for the better by adding some context and depth.

I don't hold out a lot of hope for Justice League or Wonder Woman, but if they get good audience reviews, I'll watch them. I feel the same about Affleck Batman; he's not a terrible Batman/Bruce Wayne by any stretch, but I'm not confident in the writing or storytelling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +88
    ---
    Will miss Hugh J as Wolverine. And whoever does replace him will have a tough act to follow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32,139
    ---
    Saw it tonight, really enjoyed it. Wasn't real crazy about how they did the "bad Logan" character (what did they call him?) but a good story all-around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1