PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Michael Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a tape measure on my desk and I measured my hand and noticed how freaking huge 11 1/2 is.

At the combine, do they measure from thumb to pinkie or base of the wrist to tip of middle finger? I assume the former?
Base to the tip...

And it'll look just about the same on September 13th.
If it does, I'll 100% guarantee that the individuals who comprise it will look my much different - as in better.

I read the 1st measurement is wrist to tip and the second one span.

Shaq at 10 1/4in from wrist to tip....seeing how hes 7-1...I think it's possible.
You're killing me man I was visibly shook at the thought of a foot long hand lol

I strongly disagree. We signed Roberts who will cost us ZERO if he doesn't make he 53. We have committed $500K to LeCosse.

The signing of Roberts means very little. We may add another TE or two before the end of August. We need camp competition, camp bodies, and competition for the Practice Squad.

1) LeCosse will definitely be on the 53 to start 2019. IMO, he is also likely to be on the 53 to start 2020.

2) In addition to LeCosse who is a lock to make the 53 this year, Roberts will compete with Izzo, Anderson and Beck (and perhaps another acquisition) for an additional roster spot or two.

BOTTOM LINE
After 4 weeks, we will have Watson and LeCosse. We ill also have Develin on the 53. We will also have at least one TE on the Practice Squad; Beck seems most likely.

Finally, we may or may not have a 3rd TE on the 53 to start the year, and may or may not have a 3rd TE on the 53 when Watson comes back.
Time will tell, if Lacosse can't block he'll be gone fast. If he can then he probably starts until Watson returns, that's a sign of how mediocre things are.

Last edited:
I had a tape measure on my desk and I measured my hand and noticed how freaking huge 11 1/2 is.

11 1/2? That's not a hand, that's a flesh-gauntlet! :eek:

Didn't we trade Hollister to Seattle for a 7th? That means we swapped Hollister for Roberts - seems like a good swap to me.

Damn, I was hoping for Hockenson :(

6'5", 265 according to Lions site

det_stiffarm.0.gif
Lowering head into the ball. Is that a penalty now with all the head rules?

TC Fodder, Dwayne Allen replacement or some other role??.. stay tuned TC is about 40 days away, thank goodness.

So we are now down to 13 draft picks.. oh the horrors!!!!

Lowering head into the ball. Is that a penalty now with all the head rules?
No, I’m pretty sure that it’s textbook “how to knock the ball out.” As we see here, Roberts coughs it up. I think it’s a good defensive play.

On the other hand, since the rules are designed to offer the ball carrier more protection, one could argue that this would be a penalty due to the defender (possibly) catching a part of the face mask. It’s hard to tell if it was all ball or he caught some of his face mask, but to answer your question, it’s not a penalty to knock the ball out with the helmet—at least as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back