PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light has the flu (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Damn it!!! Now MAtt Light has the flu!!!!!

Aren't the players and coaches required to, or at least STRONGLY suggested, to all get flu shots in the fall? I just think you don't need the flu to be spreading amongst your team during the playoffs especially when a simple flu shot would prevent this.I remember last year's AFC Champ. game and how we saw an 18 point lead slip away. It was evident the players were exhausted and many were sick with the flu during that game.:mad: I just want to get this AFC Champ. game over with and move on to the SB. Just seems every day brings another surprise. My nerves are shot!!! I need a drink! :beersign:
Flu shot's ain't nearly 100% effective, it's possible to get one and still get the flu.

wtf is it with AFCCG and getting sick. God damn! Can't blame this on NaPolian this time :p

What's worse in Tom Brady's shoulder injury is bothering him again. If I recall correctly he was probable with a shoulder injury for the AFCCG last year and we lost. :(

look, he has 2 days full of rest...rest up, fluids, and IV, he will be fine...relax..also, could be a ploy, making the chargers thing the pATS are feeling weak and tired,then game time.......BAM!! :rocker:

Last edited:

What's worse in Tom Brady's shoulder injury is bothering him again. If I recall correctly he was probable with a shoulder injury for the AFCCG last year and we lost. :(

He sucks. Do you think if he was healthy he would have missed 2 passes last week? When are they going to fix his shoulder? This is getting out of hand.

Re: Lite has the flu

You do realize it is the symptoms that are causing the problems with weakness and general lack of strength. It is what it is doing, not what you happen to call it.
"He broke his leg."
"No, not reallly. He fractured his leg."
Oh, that's a relief."
:bricks:

Are you serious? I posted earlier the symptoms of the flu and a quote about how common colds and bugs often are called the "flu" because they have some similar "flu-like" symptoms. You're analogy to a broken leg is horrible.

And it's not "what it is doing" that defines the flu, it's the virus itself. The whole point I was making was that the initial symptoms of the flu are similar to a bug or cold, but then they escalate to the point where you could not play football. So because his symptoms are similar now, to initial flu-like symptoms, they will likely subside before or just after the game on Sunday whereas if he actually has the flu, he won't be able to play. Why don't you read little more carefully next time.

Last edited:
Does that mean Lights out? Oh nooo!:)

what the eff is it with these players and the flu? Seriously, can't just not get sick before the AFCCG?

By the way, is it the actual "flu" or is it flu -like symptoms. Because the real flu is no joke and most of the time when people say "he had the flu" it's not the real flu. And if it is, it doesn't go away in 3 days, it's a week minimum.

But people like you & I don't get the royal treatment that Matt will get. We don't get vitamin B12 shots or saline drips to keep us hydrated. He will get at least both, if not more treatment. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn a few weeks ago!:D

I had a serious REAL case of the flu and I traveled across the country exactly 7 days after the initial symptoms with no problem. I could not get out of bed for 2 days and still felt lousy for a few days. If Matt does in fact have the flu, I believe the chances are he will play. If he came down with it on Tuesday which sounds likely, he still has time to get the care he needs to play...we'll see come Sunday

Last edited:

Hmmmmmmm.......Flu shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look, he has 2 days full of rest...rest up, fluids, and IV, he will be fine...relax..also, could be a ploy, making the chargers thing the pATS are feeling weak and tired,then game time.......BAM!! :rocker:
Lebatard!?

give him an IV and rest

Matt will kick ass Sunday-look who he's playing with!

Maybe it's just a "stomach bug".

"Light has the poops" sounds much less ominous.

Maybe it's just a "stomach bug".

"Light has the poops" sounds much less ominous.
Conjurs up quite an image, Patjew!

Anyways...here's what we do....
Brady opens up the pass packages with Evans and Faulk as fullbacks. We throw on every play, score touchdowns as fast as possible (figure three or four downs per posession), Randy, Donte, Jabbar and Wes carry the offense with Brady. Sorry LoMo, you have to sit this one out.

Then, we let the Chargers run the ball and eat up the clock. Every time we get the ball, right?, we repeat the four-down possession for a toughdown. That way, the line does the minimum amunt of work and the Pats win 56-52.

Whew. I'm glad I figured that out in time. That was close!

Break on three...one, two....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots