PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light at the end of the tunnel...

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
When JohnnyMac suggested earlier this year that we should tank for one of these top two picks, I thought that wasn't the right move. But man was he right.

There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel for C's fans. After nearly two decades now of hovering on both sides of mediocrity, there is a chance that we can put together a team that can be competitive for many years to come. There have been times the last few seasons where I just didn't see it, where I was worried we would forever be in the middle of the pack, drafting middle of the round, and producing mediocre, albeit entertaining, teams.

If we add either Durant or Oden to a team that already has Paul Pierce and two other young promising players in Green & Jefferson, it's not a stretch to think that we are only a year or two from being a legitimate threat in the East.

Pitino thought that about Duncan and then the lottery didn't work out that way. If they got the third choice it could be ugly unless Noah or somebody else comes out.

Pitino thought that about Duncan and then the lottery didn't work out that way. If they got the third choice it could be ugly unless Noah or somebody else comes out.

Very true. That's why I always put the caveat of if we get one of those first two picks.

Personally, I think the lottery is really stupid. It doesn't deter teams from tanking it in the least. Teams which suck most should pick first, end of story, there's nothing more to it, I really, really hate the lottery and it's not simply b/c of how screwed we got in the Duncan draft.

It'll be close if Pierce comes back this week, as is being reported. I think Celtics management is INSANE for bringing back Pierce at less than full strength. Why even take a chance?

It'll be close if Pierce comes back this week, as is being reported. I think Celtics management is INSANE for bringing back Pierce at less than full strength. Why even take a chance?

I agree, hold him out as long as possible, I know he wants to play, but tough. It's in the team's best interest AND his. Wait till after the All Star break.

When JohnnyMac suggested earlier this year that we should tank for one of these top two picks, I thought that wasn't the right move. But man was he right.
Damn straight. :D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back