ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
10 team league (Standard NFL.com Scoring) $100 Buy In - Pick 9

Code:
Position   Player               Round   Pick
Starters
QB.        Russell Wilson       06      (52)
RB.        LeSean McCoy         01      (09)
RB.        Stevan Ridley        02      (12)
WR.        Vincent Jackson      03      (29)
WR.        Victor Cruz          04      (32)
RB/WR.     Darren Sproles       08      (72)
TE.        Rob Gronkowski       05      (49)
KI.        Phil Dawson          15      (149)
DF.        Seattle Seahawks     07      (69)
Bench
QB.        Eli Manning          12      (112)
RB.        DeAngelo Williams    09      (89)
WR.        DeSean Jackson       10      (92)
WR.        Emmanuel Sanders     13      (129)
TE.        Jermichael Finley    14      (132)
DF.        New England Patriots 11      (109)

Considering waiving Emmanuel Sanders or Jermichael Finley for Jordan Cameron (as I'm quite high on him). The only reason I didn't draft him was being unsure of holding two Tight Ends with Week 10 Byes.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the balance of my squad. If DeAngelo Williams fires, that's a major plus for Trading. Some bastard ran in and stole Kenbrell Thompkins before I had a chance to sneak him through.

Last edited:
10 team league (Standard NFL.com Scoring) $100 Buy In - Pick 9

Code:
Position   Player               Round   Pick
Starters
QB.        Russell Wilson       06      (52)
RB.        LeSean McCoy         01      (09)
RB.        Stevan Ridley        02      (12)
WR.        Vincent Jackson      03      (29)
WR.        Victor Cruz          04      (32)
RB/WR.     Darren Sproles       08      (72)
TE.        Rob Gronkowski       05      (49)
KI.        Phil Dawson          15      (149)
DF.        Seattle Seahawks     07      (69)
Bench
QB.        Eli Manning          12      (112)
RB.        DeAngelo Williams    09      (89)
WR.        DeSean Jackson       10      (92)
WR.        Emmanuel Sanders     13      (129)
TE.        Jermichael Finley    14      (132)
DF.        New England Patriots 11      (109)

Considering waiving Emmanuel Sanders or Jermichael Finley for Jordan Cameron (as I'm quite high on him). The only reason I didn't draft him was being unsure of holding two Tight Ends with Week 10 Byes.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the balance of my squad. If DeAngelo Williams fires, that's a major plus for Trading. Some bastard ran in and stole Kenbrell Thompkins before I had a chance to sneak him through.

Overall, I like your team. I like taking a chance on Wilson as QB1 and if it doesn't work out you have a good insurance policy with Eli. Wilson was ripping it up towards the end of the season. But I always worry about coaches having more film on second year QBs. Love your WR pics depending on how bad the Cruz injury is. I would keep Sanders as insurance. McCoy and Sproles scare the hell out of me as RBs. I had Sproles last year and he was inconsistent at best. And McCoy is getting long in the tooth. I don't think Williams or Stewart will have much fantasy relevance for Carolina, neither of them can stay on the field. How have they done so far this preseason?

Overall, I like your team. I like taking a chance on Wilson as QB1 and if it doesn't work out you have a good insurance policy with Eli. Wilson was ripping it up towards the end of the season. But I always worry about coaches having more film on second year QBs. Love your WR pics depending on how bad the Cruz injury is. I would keep Sanders as insurance. McCoy and Sproles scare the hell out of me as RBs. I had Sproles last year and he was inconsistent at best. And McCoy is getting long in the tooth. I don't think Williams or Stewart will have much fantasy relevance for Carolina, neither of them can stay on the field. How have they done so far this preseason?
I've waived Finley (even though he looked good) for Cameron. I have a sneaky suspicion that Turner will turn him into a Fantasy relevant player.

With regard to McCoy and Sproles, I generally agree with you but sometimes you need to take a flier in Fantasy. Kelly loved using his RBs at Oregon and McCoy has the talent and ability to score tremendously. Plus, McCoy looked magnificent against the Panthers cutting and moving with great speed and intent. I took Sproles a little later as he slid and Payton loves using him. At worst, he's good for 10 points a game given yards alone.

Stewart is injured and struggling. Given that rationale, if Carolina has any sense about them, Williams has the ability to put up some very good scores and should be a bell cow to compliment Newton. As my RB4, you could do far worse. In reality, I took 4 RBs with different bye weeks as cover.

The big point is I'm not afraid to trade. If some good things come up, I'll pull the trigger and move on.

Team 1 (pick number):

QB - Rodgers (18 - steal of the draft), E. Manning (98)
RB - Martin (3), Gore (38), Bush (78), Sproles (58)
WR - Marshall (23), Nelson (43), D. Jackson (83), Michael Floyd (FA), Harvin (round 14 flyer)
TE - V. Davis (63)
K - Hauschka (FA)
DEF - WASH (FA), GB (143)

Yahoo Projection: 11-3, 1436 points, 2nd place regular season

and I dropped Ben Tate and Shane Vereen because of depth at running back and the need for a kicker and a 2nd defensive team (Green Bay does not have an easy fantasy schedule). Also dropped Emmanuel Sanders for Michael Floyd.

Team 2 (Pick #)

QB - P. Manning (29), T. Brady (49)
RB - Spiller (9), Richardson (12), Sproles (92), McFadden (72)
WR - VJax (32), D. Jackson (69), TY Hilton (112), Boldin (109), Austin (89)
TE - Witten (52)
K - Hauschka (FA - dropped Janikowski)
DEF - STL (132), CINN (129)

Team Projection: 11-3, 1,405 points, 2nd place in regular season

Team 3 (pick #) This is an 8-team private league

QB - Brady (39), Kaepernick (58)
RB - Spiller (7), Morris (10), Bush (71), Le'Veon Bell (74)
WR - White (26), Colston (42), Decker (55), J. Nelson (87), Steve Smith (90), Harvin (103)
TE - Graham (23)
K - Bailey (119)
DEF - STL (106)

Team Projection: 11-3, 1,448 points, tied for first

Team 4 - 16-team salary cap, 22-man keeper:
bolded - projected starters

PPR League

QB - P. Manning, M. Vick, N. Foles
RB - A. Peterson, B. Tate, J. Dwyer, B. Powell, Z. Stacy, L. Murray
WR - R. White, VJax, K. Britt, C. Givens (at WR/RB flex), S. Rice
TE - F. Davis
K - M. Prater
IDP - Fletcher, Bowman, Lee, Weatherspoon, Butler, Cushing, Cyprien, Woodyard, D. McCourty

We had Danario Alexander, Aaron Hernandez and Jason McCourty along with a couple of other defensive players on this squad last year.

Rookie Draft: Zac Stacy at pick 14, Cyprien at pick 28, and Davis at pick 42

Finished 10-4 last year, 3,152 points and won the title last year.

This year, we have increased the number of playoff teams from 4 to 6, and are projected to finish 9-3-1 with 2,984 fantasy points and 3rd place.

And finally team #5 (non-PPR league, return yardage league - 1 point per 20 return yards)

20 - team contract year keeper (i.e. you get 50 contract years, max of 25 rostered players, players on IR don't count toward contract year count)

Bold - Holdovers from last year

QB - Roethlisberger, Locker
RB - Peterson, Sproles, Ingram
WR - Wayne, Britt, McCluster, Harvin
TE - Witten
K - Bailey
D - D'Qwell Jackson
LB - Posluszny
CB - Haden
DB - Cyprien
S - Ryan Clark
DE - Wake
DL - Mario Williams
DT - Rubin
LB2 - Burfict
CB2 - Talib
S2 - Goldson
S3 - Whitner
DE3 - Peppers
DE4 - Quinn

Last year, team finished 12-1, #1 seed, 2,262 points and won title

This year, team projected to finish 13-0, #1 seed, 2,491 points

Hey belichick010405, enthusiast isn't the right adjective for you! ;)

There's some pretty good looking teams there.

Rate your Fantasy Team

Post your list, others rate how you did.

Mine:

Pick: (1/8)
QB: Drew Brees
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Steven Jackson
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Reggie Wayne
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Maurice Jones-Drew
D/ST: Broncos D/ST
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Bench:
RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Shane Vereen, Daryl Richardson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
WR: Greg Jennings, DeSean Jackson
QB: Phillip Rivers

-So I choose Gronkowski as my TE (I believe he'll be playing by week 3) but obviously needed a stop gap/quality backup so went with Rudolph on a value pick.

-I think Drew Brees/Saints will be on a mission this year and light it up. OL is good, WRs are solid, Graham is elite, Sproles is elite pass catcher. I wanted to avoid drafting a QB high, but it was the bad spot in the draft where it was him or a bunch of (relatively) underwhelming WRs.

-I am not completely confident with my RBs. Peterson is a lock of course, but I'm still not completely sold on SJax, nor MJD on such an awful team. BJGE will get plenty of goal line looks so I'm thinking of possibly even starting him. Vereen and Richardson are sleeper picks that I like.

-Percy Harvin had about 80 targets and 60 receptions before he got hurt (week 7 I believe). Jennings will get all those targets, and is a much better redzone option.

-With Maclin hurt, DeSean is going to get tons and tons of looks. In Kellys system should see plenty of dump offs and screens for him as well as some play action deep shots every game.

-Rivers was a value pick right before I drafted D/ST/K. Maybe tradeworthy if someones QB gets hurt.

Re: Rate your Fantasy Team

1.0 PPR Auction 12 team league

QB - Ryan
RB - Peterson
RB - Spiller
WR - Fitzgerald
WR - Thompkins
Flex - Woodhead
TE - Gronk

BN - ****son
BN - Gerhar
BN - Broyles
BN - Stills
BN - Bradford

Top heavy, but solid if the young WRs pan out.

Had my draft last night figured I would see what the boards thoughts were.

12 team league, PPR. 3rd Pick. Pick number in parens.

QB: Russell Wilson (70)
RB: Doug Martin (3)
RB: Chris Johnson (27)
WR: Demaryius Thomas (22)
WR: Hakeem Nicks (46)
TE: Zach Sudfeld (123)
W/R/T: Kenbrell Thompkins (99)
K: Garrett Hartley (195)
DEF: CLE (190)

Bench:
WR: Antonio Brown (51)
RB: Shane Vereen (75)
RB: Darryl Richardson (94)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders (118)
WR: Ryan Broyles (142)
WR: Josh Gordon (147)
RB: Vick Ballard (166)
RB: Ryan Williams (171)

Usually don't carry backup QB/TE and simply pick one up for Bye Week work. Admittedly taking a chance on Sudfeld in that regard.

The best chances are the ones you take Drewski. Some years they work out, others they don't. Josh Gordon at 147 is a steal. If they gel, the Browns are going to be a defensive force. They're quietly building a nice defensive unit out there.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back