Pick Results: NE: 83.5% at BUF: 16.5%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
That’s low key the best scene in The Matrix. Hugo Weaving crushed that role and that monologue. Wrought with irony because the supposed gatekeeper (Agent Smith) had become a self-aware virus as he was accusing human beings of being a virus themselves.

The disturbing thing is he's right. One of my all-time favorite films, by the way.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
The disturbing thing is he's right. One of my all-time favorite films, by the way.
Yeah, I loved the first one. The second one was meh (explaining Neo struggling more against agents via “uPgRaDeZ”). The third one was garbage, IMO. Fun fact - the agent Morpheus fought on top of the semi truck in the second one also played the Russian badass in the first John Wick movie. The one who threw Wick off the second floor in the night club scene.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Antonio Brown’s New Live-In Chef
PatsFans.com Supporter
That’s low key the best scene in The Matrix. Hugo Weaving crushed that role and that monologue. Wrought with irony because the supposed gatekeeper (Agent Smith) had become a self-aware virus as he was accusing human beings of being a virus themselves.

Heck yes…he was great in that role.

Yeah, I loved the first one. The second one was meh (explaining Neo struggling more against agents via “uPgRaDeZ”). The third one was garbage, IMO. Fun fact - the agent Morpheus fought on top of the semi truck in the second one also played the Russian badass in the first John Wick movie. The one who threw Wick off the second floor in the night club scene.

Same opinion here on the trilogy. The first one was so awesome…I remember it came out just when people were buying DVD players and upgrading to HD TVs. If you went to a store selling home theater stuff, you were going to blow your load. The bullet-time footage still, to this day, is such an awesome, unique camera technique that really made the movie feel futuristic.

2 was difficult to get through…I couldn’t even make it through 3. But I do often reference The Architect in the Jets thread to illustrate their necessary pre-destined cycle of failed chosen ones.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
Heck yes…he was great in that role.

Same opinion here on the trilogy. The first one was so awesome…I remember it came out just when people were buying DVD players and upgrading to HD TVs. If you went to a store selling home theater stuff, you were going to blow your load. The bullet-time footage still, to this day, is such an awesome, unique camera technique that really made the movie feel futuristic.

2 was difficult to get through…I couldn’t even make it through 3. But I do often reference The Architect in the Jets thread to illustrate their necessary pre-destined cycle of failed chosen ones.
I remember seeing Reloaded in theaters and hoping that Neo was going to pull out a gun and blow the Architect’s brains out about a minute into his rambling monologue.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Haven't seen it in years--does it hold up? I remember liking it but was afraid it would be horribly dated now.

And I want to go on record that I liked Independence Day, it was a silly popcorn movie but I thought it was fun. There, I said it.
Watched Independence Day again and I like it even more now. Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum are funny, and Bill Pullman's speech is really good.

Scotty

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Maybe you guys know about this already but I just saw a trailer for a show called UFO which I think is going to air August 8th on Showtime in the US. This maybe just a re-hash of existing film and sightings but appears to be a 4 part series made by J.J.Abrahms !!!!!

tom444

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

The science of Unidentified Aerial PhenomenaNOVA Now

• Science

Listen on Apple Podcasts

Ever spotted a strange object in the sky? According to a recent report released by the U.S. government, nearly 150 aerial objects observed between 2004 and 2021 remain unidentified—with the exception of one large deflated balloon. The sightings of these objects, once called UFOs and now referred to as Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP), can have a number of reasonable explanations. Cloud formations, Venus shining brightly in the night sky, or the occasional recon aircraft or government-led missile test can all be mistaken for a UAP. But what if there’s another explanation out there? Could extraterrestrial intelligence explain some sightings? To find out, Dr. Alok Patel explores the possibilities with an astrophysicist and a NASA engineer. Together, these space exploration and research innovators remind us that the truth is out there—we just need to look to science.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
Maybe you guys know about this already but I just saw a trailer for a show called UFO which I think is going to air August 8th on Showtime in the US. This maybe just a re-hash of existing film and sightings but appears to be a 4 part series made by J.J.Abrahms !!!!!

Is he going to put all the old Star Wars characters from the 70s in it, ruining something else in the process?

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter

No CGI, age-enhanced Carrie Fisher?!?! I’m angry!

Regardless of genre, there is one universal axiom: one cannot produce a worthwhile film without heavy doses of Chewbacca, Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker, and the Emperor.

-JJ Abrams, The Art of Cinema

Last edited:

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Anyone questioning the brilliance in the Matrix trilogy is exposing their low IQ score.

Just because it's above your comprehension doesn't mean it was a bad movie.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
No CGI, age-enhanced Carrie Fisher?!?! I’m angry!

Regardless of genre, there is one universal axiom: one cannot produce a worthwhile film without heavy doses of Chewbacca, Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker, and the Emperor.

-JJ Abrams

Aw, stop it. You at least could thank me for providing the link.

Pure Hollywood.

No, it's a documentary.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
Is he going to put all the old Star Wars characters from the 70s in it, ruining something else in the process?
They’ll have time to crack a few jokes in the face of certain death. Of course, the Dolly Shot will be heavily utilized.

Kontradiction

Dr. P-ussy
PatsFans.com Supporter
Anyone questioning the brilliance in the Matrix trilogy is exposing their low IQ score.

Just because it's above your comprehension doesn't mean it was a bad movie.
The first one was excellent. I watched it last week and it still holds up. Some terrifying similarities with that movie and where we are now re: A.I. The second one was watchable, but meh. The third one was a turd.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
They’ll have time to crack a few jokes in the face of certain death. Of course, the Dolly Shot will be heavily utilized.

Screenplay excerpt

Hans: Better make sure there‘s no UFOs here.

Chewy: <Wookie noose>

<UFO lands, aliens capture them>

Hans (wryly): You were saying? (Gives smug look at camera.)

<Luke Skywalker, Yoda appear from nowhere and kill US government agents hidden in bushes. Aliens run away>

CGI Leia: Now that’s what I call teamwork. Let’s go to Roswell before they destroy the evidence!

<Every marketable Star Wars fan favorite character appears>

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The first one was excellent. I watched it last week and it still holds up. Some terrifying similarities with that movie and where we are now re: A.I. The second one was watchable, but meh. The third one was a turd.
the social justice Illegal Contact type sub-mongoloids got a grip on the 3rd one..Revolutions...preachy whackjob lefty nonsense.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner

First one = 110 IQ
Second one = 105
Third one = 90

You're one smart ass chimp.