PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leonard Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards making him a priority signing on my free agent wish list.
He reminded me of Seymour coming out of school and now that he is is working alongside Seymour.
I could see this peeking Bills interest.
Imagine getting Williams for say 9 million a season for 3 years and getting the next Seymour.
Would do wonders for our defense he can play the nose as well as the end and can do a good job containing the run.

Thoughts?

Like the player, hate the inconsistency. That being said; if Bill’s down, I’m in.

He denied a report that he’s looking for $15 million per year, but it sure sounds like he’s going to end up closer to 15 than 9.

The Giants paid a hefty price tradewise to get him. I’d be surprised if they let him walk.

What? Are we giving up on Rivers so soon?

Chris, what about Josh Norman?

He’s about the last player I’d see us signing and that’s because it makes zero sense.
The depth chart is loaded even if Jason McCourty isn’t back.

Aaron Donald?

I don't see BB throwing that kind of $$$$ at a DL with so many other pressing needs.

Williams is good, though.

Without question, the worst job of pre-draft analysis I've ever done.
I didn’t see it what did it consist of?
We all make mistakes bro I thought Chad Jackson was going to be a stud and was estatic when we traded up.
I danced around and ran outside yelling we got Chad Jackson.

I even went right to EBay and bought so much Chad Jackson apparel and auto graphed card and memorabilia.
I thought I was buying low into the next Moss.
I saw glimpses the Buff game and Vikings game I believe.
I wouldn’t believe what my eyes were telling me that the kid really couldn’t play in the NFL.
By far my biggest and Bills biggest miss.

I didn’t see it what did it consist of?
We all make mistakes bro I thought Chad Jackson was going to be a stud and was estatic when we traded up.
I danced around and ran outside yelling we got Chad Jackson.

I even went right to EBay and bought so much Chad Jackson apparel and auto graphed card and memorabilia.
I thought I was buying low into the next Moss.
I saw glimpses the Buff game and Vikings game I believe.
I wouldn’t believe what my eyes were telling me that the kid really couldn’t play in the NFL.
By far my biggest and Bills biggest miss.

I ended up with some version of "He'll never make it. He's too small. He won't be able to hold up against the run, and teams will just target him all game long."

In short, I had the DPOY as a bust.

I’m leaning towards making him a priority signing on my free agent wish list.
He reminded me of Seymour coming out of school and now that he is is working alongside Seymour.
I could see this peeking Bills interest.
Imagine getting Williams for say 9 million a season for 3 years and getting the next Seymour.
Would do wonders for our defense he can play the nose as well as the end and can do a good job containing the run.

Thoughts?
Not going to outbid the Giants who must keep him.

If we sign Norman BB has lost it.
I do like Williams for us though.

The defensive line is not that strong. A lot of the success there is because the secondary gets lots of coverage sacks and allows them to stack the box.

LBs are strong but losing Van Noy would sting. I think the Pats will go pretty hard after Van Noy and may just pay market. IMO that makes more sense than bringing in a high priced FA for the front 7/6. LB with low sack totals are relatively undervalued by the market, whereas d-linemen of any kind are not. I think they re-sign Van Noy unless a team is stupid and offers some Bobby Wagner deal for a player who isn’t Bobby Wagner. Jets (lol) threw the market of of whack with the Moseley deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye