PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LB & CB off the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we are sitting put until the draft, i kind of liked last years off season , aggressive , and taking no prisoners, this year is back to bargain basement 1 year vet min. with guys with a history of injuries mainly webster , sanders, and williams, not very exciting

looks like we are sitting put until the draft, i kind of liked last years off season , aggressive , and taking no prisoners, this year is back to bargain basement 1 year vet min. with guys with a history of injuries mainly webster , sanders, and williams, not very exciting

#7 overall is pretty exciting.

last year was the exception, We had a surplus of money from the increase in the salary cap the last few years and we used on some good talent. But the yearly inflation is no where near the bump the cap took from the new CBA.

I was hoping that Chillar would be brought here for a workout, in order to gauge his possibilities at S/WILB.

The FO needs to sign at least one OLB - not named Chad Brown - and at least one ILB, plus Junior. The longer the FO waits, the shorter the list of available quality players becomes.

I was hoping that Chillar would be brought here for a workout, in order to gauge his possibilities at S/WILB.

The FO needs to sign at least one OLB - not named Chad Brown - and at least one ILB, plus Junior. The longer the FO waits, the shorter the list of available quality players becomes.

IMO, they are probably waiting until after the draft to make any more free agent moves. See what you get there before you spend more of your money. lets say they get 2 good LBs on in the first 3 rounds...You will feel better about not having wasted money and roster space.

Maybe a RFA because those have a deadline which is prior to the draft.

Last edited:
Maybe a RFA because those have a deadline which is prior to the draft.
Seward??? Everyone LOVED last season because of the moves and it was agressive..but what MOST people fail to realize was that the players they signed last year were value signings... they did NOT overpay. It seems this year in the first weeks of FA, it was MORE teams overpaying. They did NOT overpay last year.. and will not do this...it is PART of their long strategy to only do that. The better teams have not made moves..I wonder why?? I would not think a FA signing wa sout of teh question at all...now or in teh next 3-4 weeks.

Seward??? Everyone LOVED last season because of the moves and it was agressive..but what MOST people fail to realize was that the players they signed last year were value signings... they did NOT overpay. It seems this year in the first weeks of FA, it was MORE teams overpaying. They did NOT overpay last year.. and will not do this...it is PART of their long strategy to only do that. The better teams have not made moves..I wonder why?? I would not think a FA signing wa sout of teh question at all...now or in teh next 3-4 weeks.

That's right - what was available this year was way overpriced, no value to be found at all, not too mention very little talent. Except, of course for the second year in a row NE signs the top free agent!!

There may be a few decent players come 6/1 but not too much.

Let's hope for a really wild draft day filled with great picks - both draft selections and other teams pockets!!

Unless they make contract changes, like extending Brady, they have to watch the cap. #7 takes a lot of cap space. If they trade down or at least partly into next year, they'll have more room, but they can't count on that, or may not want to paint themselves into a corner where they have to trade down.

Speaking of extending Brady -- I just wrote about that. You might be surprised at what we can / can't do.

This is an outside link, and it's my site for full disclosure.

Tom Brady's Cap Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye