Next Up: vs Jets
Pick Results: NYJ: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Oct 24th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
wait...where's Infernal Claptrap? been gone since they found Brian Laundrie had vanished into our national park system...could it be?...at least we know Tommy666 is still alive and emptying his bedpan here every day

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Is it a coincidence that the people that support Gruden's remarks and actions are anti-vaxxers? Hmmm

tom444

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
wait...where's Infernal Claptrap? been gone since they found Brian Laundrie had vanished into our national park system...could it be?...at least we know Tommy666 is still alive and emptying his bedpan here every day
I see ass hole is still running his mouth off insulting people for no reason.

Last edited:

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Is it a coincidence that the people that support Gruden's remarks and actions are anti-vaxxers? Hmmm
No, and they have a new symbol to rally around... now remember, the symbol is only anti vax in nature, so dont read into it, it means absolutely positively nothing else despite... welll yeah... hmmm...

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner

Nehalem

In the Starting Line-Up
I'm waiting for the anti-vaxxers to jump on Merck's anti-covid drug Molnupiravir bandwagon.

Molnupiravir works by incorporating itself into the genetic material of the virus, and then causing a huge number of mutations as the virus replicates, effectively killing it. In some lab tests, the drug has also shown the ability to integrate into the genetic material of mammalian cells, causing mutations as those cells replicate.

If that were to happen in the cells of a patient being treated with molnupiravir, it could theoretically lead to cancer or birth defects.

Logically they should be more afraid of Molnupivair, because it actually has a mechanism of action that could lead to cancer, whereas the vaccines don't.

But I think we know what they will be more afraid of :D

Kontradiction

A scumbag
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I broke him and he decided to commit PatsFans.com suicide by sharing PMs. He’s a loser, so I’d imagine he’s still browsing instead of getting a life in retirement, but hopefully I’m wrong. Not healthy to stay him on the Internet all day being angry at his ripe, old age.

@tom444 why did you decide to edit calling Joker a f.aggot and replace it with “assh0le?” The mods and stuff can still see the original post. The only people who would try to find out who you were, report you to your job (if you still have one), and get you fired are your own ilk. The rest of us couldn’t care less.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Disputed Winner - Week 2 Predict the Score Contest
PatsFans.com Supporter
I missed most of the Gruden thread. First, Gruden is a public figure in an entertainment business where his personality and relatability are paramount, so this isn’t the same, IMO, as your average Joe. And the perceived private communications is another big issue outside the scope here.

I think the Gruden stuff shows that cancel culture isn’t just singular phrase to judge its merits. With Gruden, the league leaked the comments to the public about D. Smith. There wasn’t public outcry, enough, for Gruden to lose his job. So they twisted the knife deeper. But it shows that there is some nuance.

When I was a kid/teenager, anti-Semitic words and tropes did some damage to my psyche. Words can indeed be destructive. But at the same time, I would casually call someone a f-g or homo all the time. And I would never care if others used ethnic slurs about Mexicans, Asians, etc. I’m one of those that grew up thinking if you don’t say the n-word, you’re a great guy.

As I’ve gotten older and realized how stereotypes, slurs, etc. are terrible things, even if the person wasn’t trying to be hurtful, I’ve found it’s very easy to avoid these types of words. And if a word is offensive, even though it wasn’t my intent or I didn’t realize it, I just make a mental note. There are plenty of great curse words, witty insults, etc that you still have at your disposal rather than a lazy stereotype anyways.

So it’s hard for me to have a lot of sympathy when someone has real consequences for their actions and I don’t mind the example it sets.

That said, cancel culture is often used for someone’s (individual or group) own agenda and self-interest. There’s a point where it goes way beyond its mission and becomes a caricature of itself. When it limits thoughts, speech, ideas, etc in the name of some contradictory race agenda, it is almost as destructive as what it tries to destroy. It’s a herd mentality that’s dangerous and destructive.

It’s a tough tightrope to walk. Sometimes things are blatant and obvious and canceling, especially a public figure, is the right move. Other times, cancel culture is an absurd joke which lacks common sense. But often it’s a gray area.

Just my .02