PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last 3 Weeks, Longest Run By RB is . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
5 yards.

And Curtis Martin, Willis McGagee and Cadillac Williams don't suck. The averages are sick too, but the longest run (except for a 7 yard QB scramble by Losman) is 5 yards. Amazing.

I was amzed when I notice the Bics longest run was 4. I'm more amazed the longest run in 3 weeks is 5. (The ypc is 1.7 in those 3).

This run D has come on SO strongly ... Richard and Tedy back, Vince revived, Vrabel on cue ... that now the pass rush also has become a game force. That means the duct-tape secondary seems quite good enough.

I think that no one can hold the Pats O under 20 ... which means we well could win out.

they have gone from the 27th ranked run D to #7.

PATSNUTme said:
they have gone from the 27th ranked run D to #7.
They are 7th in total yards but will be 6th if Baltimore gives up just 5 yards tonight. They are 6th in both ypg and avg per carry. So you might as well say that they are now #6.

I am loving the D right now, I cant wait for the colts game!!! (at least I hope we will be there)

wow

trench said:
They are 7th in total yards but will be 6th if Baltimore gives up just 5 yards tonight. They are 6th in both ypg and avg per carry. So you might as well say that they are now #6.

Ok, despite my dismissal of AJ's greatest pats BB defense in another thread, I will say that going from 27th to 6th in rushing defense in just 3 weeks is pretty impressive.

I am still concerned about our ability to stop the pass. I wish we were facing another good QB before the playoffs so I could get a real gauge of where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing