PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL QB Rankings (looking toward 2023)

crawhammer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall in some of the recent quarterback discussion topics there are a lot of Lamar Jackson deniers and nonbelievers here. He currently leads all quarterbacks in rushing yards by a mile and is 6th in the NFL overall. Leads the NFL in passing TDs, TD% and passer rating. Looks a lot like himself from his MVP season. It's only week 4 but there's no reason to believe he'll slow down much.

My updated top 10 QB rankings (previous ranking):

01. Josh Allen (1)
02. Patrick Mahomes (2)
03. Lamar Jackson (10)
04. Justin Herbert (5)
05. Tom Brady (3)
06. Aaron Rodgers (4)
07. Deshaun Watson (6)
08. Joe Burrow (7)
09. Jalen Hurts (21)
10. Tua Tagovailoa (27)

Dropping out of the top 10: Russell Wilson (8) and Kyler Murray (9)

As I recall in some of the recent quarterback discussion topics there are a lot of Lamar Jackson deniers and nonbelievers here. He currently leads all quarterbacks in rushing yards by a mile and is 6th in the NFL overall. Leads the NFL in passing TDs, TD% and passer rating. Looks a lot like himself from his MVP season. It's only week 4 but there's no reason to believe he'll slow down much.

01. Josh Allen (1)
02. Patrick Mahomes (2)
03. Lamar Jackson (10)
04. Justin Herbert (5)
05. Tom Brady (3)
06. Aaron Rodgers (4)
07. Deshaun Watson (6)
08. Joe Burrow (7)
09. Jalen Hurts (21)
10. Tua Tagovailoa (27)

Where's Mac?? :mad:

Why is DeShaun there if you're basing it of this season? if that's the case TB12 shouldn't be on there as well even though he's playing better then what his stats say.
I would also have Rodgers over a lot of the guys in your top 10

Biggest mistake Bill ever made was not drafting Lamar in 2018...Brady would have been gone in 2019 but who cares if you have Lamar

He's fun to watch. He's going to deservedly get PAID next season...hopefully not in Miami.

What's the read on Trevor Lawrence?

Biggest mistake Bill ever made was not drafting Lamar in 2018...Brady would have been gone in 2019 but who cares if you have Lamar
yeah lamar has just rattling off superbowls since then...

This is for this year? Watson hasn't even been in a game for over a year. Based on that, Hoyer and Zappe should be in your top 10.

Where's Mac?? :mad:
19. Mac Jones (16)

Mac drops 3 spots in my overall QB ranking. The 3 quarterbacks I have moving ahead of him currently are Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence.

Why is DeShaun there if you're basing it of this season? if that's the case TB12 shouldn't be on there as well even though he's playing better then what his stats say.
My preseason ranking was based on career, with emphasis on recent performance, and expectation. So the results of this season so far are only effecting the changes in the ranking. This is why Tua has made a big jump. DeShaun has phenomenal career numbers, but obviously didn't play last season and currently is on suspension, but I'm keeping him in the top 10 based on expectation once he returns.

As for TB12, I had him at #3 heading into the season so he's dropped a couple of spots. If you've watched the Bucs games so far then you'd see Tom looks like Tom from 2020-2021. His numbers are down because literally his top 3 WRs are out (and he essentially has no TE)... his numbers will jump dramatically once Godwin especially is back.

I would also have Rodgers over a lot of the guys in your top 10
I considered moving Rodgers to 5th over Brady but I bumped Herbert over both and I feel strongly about my current top 3 of Allen, Mahomes and Jackson.

I sort of a agree with this... as far his GM decisions. I can think of one coaching decision that is definitely his top blunder. But we don't have to go there.

Russel Wilson has been awful.
Yet somehow Denver is 2-1. But Wilson has been the biggest disappointment in the league so far. Las Vegas has been the most disappointing team.

What's the read on Trevor Lawrence?
He's marginally moving up the rankings but he's had a terrific start to the season. Doug Pederson's influence? I don't know but Lawrence is making many fewer mistakes and he's not turning the ball over.

Ravens are going to be screwed if Lamar has a good season. They are d*cking around with him.

By the way, does anyone know if rookies can ask that a team can't franchise them when their contract expires? If they can, I'm surprised more high picks don't ask for that to be eliminated.

I don't know why people still don't believe in Lamar. He is one of, if not the most, dangerous players in the whole league and he wins games. I think if they shore up that defense they can make a run in the AFC.

01. Josh Allen (1)
02. Patrick Mahomes (2)
03. Lamar Jackson (10)
04. Justin Herbert (5)
05. Tom Brady (3)
06. Aaron Rodgers (4)
07. Deshaun Watson (6)
08. Joe Burrow (7)
09. Jalen Hurts (21)
10. Tua Tagovailoa (27)

These rankings blow.

yeah lamar has just rattling off superbowls since then...

Rather have a stud QB for the next 15 years than a dinosaur who's about to retire. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Rather have a stud QB for the next 15 years than a dinosaur who's about to retire. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.
But that wasn't guaranteed he'd be a stud.

I'm not a big fan of LJ.

I think he still has a lot of room to improve as a pocket QB.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back